Latest post Wed, Jul 11 2018 9:38 PM by Martin in Chicago. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 18 2016 9:57 PM

AvidOPFrameGeneratorApp

I keep crashing on a fresh install of MC 8.6.1 with a new user setting. User Diagnostic Reports in the Apple Console keep pointing me to "AvidOPFrameGeneratorApp" as the source of the crash. A Google of this word offers only six discrete hits, five of which are on a site called www.advanceduninstaller.com. But I don't see that word there either. The sixth hit is in German, which I don't speak.

Does anyone know what this is and why it keeps shutting me down?

Martin

System 1: Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB for my system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 31 2017 11:13 AM In reply to

• Sergi Lladó
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jun 11 2010
    • Vic, CATALONIA
    • Posts 15
    • Points 195

Re: AvidOPFrameGeneratorApp

Hi, sorry to reopen the post but, I have the last version of Media Composer and the same crash happens to me. Did you manage to solve it? I can't find any help online.

Thanks!

Intel i7-6850K 3.6Ghz, 32GB, PNY Nvidia Quadro 600, Geforce 980, Win8.1 64, MC2018.4, DeckLink HD Extreme 3D+. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jul 31 2017 1:33 PM In reply to

Hey Sergi,

Sorry, I try to post back here when I find the answer, but sometimes I forget. As best I recall, I never found out anything useful directly in regard to AvidOPFrameGeneratorApp, but I think the root of my problem was my Matrox Mini was dying. I replaced it with a Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K and as best I recall, the crashes stopped. This makes me think the problem laid somewhere in the path to my external monitor (which ran through the Matrox).

Don't know if that helps. If you learn anything, would you post back here?

Thanks,

Martin

System 1: Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core updated with Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB for my system drive, 32 GB RAM and ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 11 2018 9:38 PM In reply to

This is about the third or fourth time in my life (and, more specifically, the portion of my life since the advent of the internet) I have searched for the answer to a technical problem in one piece of software or another and have quickly landed on an old post of my own. Usually, I had received and forgotten the answer. Not this time though.

I no longer have the Matrox Mini I mentioned above and, as far as I can tell, my Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K is still running fine. But I am getting AvidOPFrameGeneratorApp crashes again and still no clear dialogue on this topic appears. I got a message: Failed to start AvidOPFrameGeneratorApp process" and every ten seconds the Console generates "Could not start AvidOPFrameGeneratorApp. Error code: 0. Error message: No such file or directory."

Andyone ever figure anything out on this topic?

Martin  

p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller