Latest post Fri, Sep 30 2016 6:45 PM by Mark Augustine. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 12 2016 1:49 PM

• Tim
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 12 2016
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

Audio track grouping in audio mixer tool not working?

Just updated to 8.6.3. and only just noticed this new function called 'audio track grouping' in the mixer tool. It doesn't seem to be working unfortunately. When I make a selection in the audio mixer and press apply no new group appears in the groups list. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong perhaps?

AVID MC 2018.9 symphony option / Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K / Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2ghz / 32 gb ram / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / Windows 10 pro / [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Sep 14 2016 4:20 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,227
    • Points 218,330
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Audio track grouping in audio mixer tool not working?

Did you read this........

Previously, if you made a group track selection in the Audio Mixer tool, and then made a manual selection to the tracks, a subsequent group selection would remove your manual selection. With this release, manual selections are not removed when you select a group track option in the Audio Mixer tool.

Selecting a group with a single click adds all of the tracks in that group to the selection
    Deselecting a group with a single clip removes tracks in that group from the selection, except for tracks that are also members of another selected group.

Selecting a group with Alt + click (Windows) or option + click (Mac) replaces the track selection with that group, deselecting all others.
    Deselecting a group with Alt + click (Windows) or option + click (Mac) deselects all audio tracks.  marianna
    Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Sep 30 2016 6:45 PM In reply to

Re: Audio track grouping in audio mixer tool not working?

Does this new "group" track selection function have anything to do with the exsiting "group" buttons on the mixer that gang channel volumes together? Or do those buttons still operate as before, totally manually?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller