Latest post Thu, Sep 8 2016 7:47 PM by Éric Simoneau. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 8 2016 7:47 PM

• Éric Simoneau
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 14 2009
    • Victoriaville - Québec
    • Posts 224
    • Points 2,620

Relinking AMA with Alpha?

Ok so im confused, i usualy import every clip that has alpha since my PC's perfomance sucks and AMA dont usualy allow me to get realtime playback. but today i didn, hurray me. 

So i AMAed some DNXHD files with alpha, MC went slow mode as usual so i went ahead and trashed the AMA MANAGEMENT folder in (user/public/documents/avid) so avid trash all its ama link. 

i knew it would fk up my linked AMA but i had zero performance...

Now im facing offline AMA as expected. i could just go back to source browser and AMA or re-importe the clip and remplace all instance of the old AMA with this new one, problem solved right?

right. but today is the day i try to learn why i cant relink AMA linked clips when they have ALPHA layers. i can relink any ama files when they dont have matte infos, but as soon as an alpha layer is involved in the AMA, i cant change / add a tape name and i cant relink the clip to any existing imports nor can i relink it to another AMA clip.

So to my fellow editors, how do we deal with AMA linked clips containing ALPHAS?

thanks! 

The closer you get to the deadline, the more chances things will start to fk up royaly. True story. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller