Latest post Sun, Aug 21 2016 5:58 AM by hbrock. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 20 2016 3:37 PM

• Ama
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 22 2015
    • Posts 11
    • Points 115

Please help! Backuped Avid Attic folder - not able to relink needed sequences.

Hello!

I'm trying for hours now to solve my problem, but nothing worked so far.

Here's my story:

I have a current Avid Project located on an external harddrive. The avid project, source material and the .mxf files are all on the external harddrive.
    I had to do a system update (Yosemite) using time machine on my mac and reinstalled Avid MC (8.3.1). So the internal drive was refreshed completely. 
    When i tried to reopen my project, everything was gone - it only showed up one single bin with the project name in it, but no more sequences or master clips.

I found out that this might have something to do with my avid attic folder. Since the system was cleared completely, the avid attic folder - which was located on the internal drive - was cleared too.
    So i copied the Avid attic folder from an older time machine backup drive into my refreshed internal drive.

When now opening the project, i could see at least my source material and one old sequence.

So far i can work with it again. But - i wan't to open my newest sequence from two days ago. I saved a copy of the whole project of that date and i can as well see the sequence as an mxf-file in the MXF folder. 

But how can i make avid to open that mxf-sequence again, so that i can work in that sequence again?

I tried these two ways:

1) using the media tool - ticking "Media Files" - hit ok - and see my wanted sequence. BUT - i couldn't drag that sequence into a bin to work on it. What can i do?

2) i tried to ama-link to that mxf-sequence-file, but when it comes to consolidate/transcode it says "Exception: Failed to get the sample position from the AMA-plugin."

Everything i want is to be able to open that actual sequence in avid. Since everything needed is still there, there must be a way no? 

I really really hope, anybody can help me!

Many thanks in advance! 

Filed under: , ,
  • Sun, Aug 21 2016 5:58 AM In reply to

• hbrock
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Santa Monica, CA
    • Posts 5,449
    • Points 63,180
    • Moderator: Avid Xpress Pro Mac
      Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Please help! Backuped Avid Attic folder - not able to relink needed sequences.

Your Avid Project filess were most likely stored in this location on your boot drive: Users/Shared/AvidMediaComposer/Shared Avid Projects or possibly Documents/Avid Projects.  Since you have time machine backups, do this:

1. Quit Media Composer if it's running.  

2. Find the location where your Avid Project is/was located and open that location in the Finder.

3. Enter Time Machine.  You should see a timeline or prior backups.  Find the most recent one before you did your system update and confirm that it has your sequence as well as your other bins.  if so, restore it.

4. Your Project should now be as it was when the last time machine backup ran before you did the update.

MacPro, MacBook Pro and a Cube (masquerading as a kleenex dispenser). [view my complete system specs]

Must think of something clever to go here...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller