Latest post Wed, Feb 14 2018 4:11 PM by lupitases. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 2 2016 5:21 PM

Tiny windows and overlapped text

Hello everybody

as I need to do a work abroad I need to get a mobile workstation and I went for a DELL Inspiron 15, 7000 series, choosing carefully the configuration as regards Avid requirements.

I'm experiencing a very strange surprise: when I open MC the text is totally overlapped within the windows and everything is very very small, I can't even read and choose the options because of overlapping.

The PC has a 4K resolution, but even changing to 1920x1080 it is still the same for Avid, but other softwares change.

Anybody can please tell me what to do? I have to leave on friday and I should make it work by that day, hopefully.

Thank you everybody.

Avid 8.3, workstation HP Z400, Intel Xeon Quad-core 3,20Ghz, 12Gb Ram, Nvidia Quadro 2000. Authoring & Conversion: TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4, AVID... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 3 2016 12:20 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,297
    • Points 42,630
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Tiny windows and overlapped text

Lorenzo,

MC (as of 8.5.x; I've not yet checked 8.6) does not support 4K monitors. This is documented. Unless you can change the resolution in the BIOS, it will note work at the moment.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC 8.x (generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sun, Jul 3 2016 12:47 AM In reply to

Hi Dave

Thank you for your reply.  In the meanwhile I found out that if I change the resolution in the display settings and then reboot the PC, MC works fine. I can even set the resolution again to 4k and the loaded project won't change at all but other apps can work at 4k.  That's strange but at least it works. I hope these posts will be useful for all other users who don't want to give up a 4k screen.

Thank you.

Avid 8.3, workstation HP Z400, Intel Xeon Quad-core 3,20Ghz, 12Gb Ram, Nvidia Quadro 2000. Authoring & Conversion: TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4, AVID... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 14 2018 4:11 PM In reply to

• lupitases
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 14 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Hi Lorenzo,

Can you please tell me which resolution worked for you?
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller