Latest post Tue, Jun 7 2016 8:15 PM by Kevin Klimek. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 5 2016 4:09 PM

• stock700
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Sep 4 2012
    • Posts 7
    • Points 115

Setting audio reference level

Hi,

in our company we work with an audio reference level of -9 dB. But every time when starting a new job the level is set back to -20 dB. How can i set it permanently to -9 db ?!!

PC, Win7, Symphony 8.5

Thanks for help!

nanni700

• Tue, Jun 7 2016 5:29 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,687
    • Points 211,425
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Setting audio reference level

Nanni

The default reference level is –20 dB on the digital scale at this time.  I dont know a way around that unless you chang it each time you start a new project.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Jun 7 2016 8:15 PM In reply to

Re: Setting audio reference level

AFAIK (unless it depends on what hardware you have attached) the options I see are -14, -18, and -20 under Settings > Audio Porject > Hardware. I'm not sure you can set MC to use -9.

You should be able to make this setting a site setting by dragging it into the Site Settings window. But again, not sure you will be able to set it for the level you actually want.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller