Latest post Fri, May 6 2016 12:20 PM by camoscato. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 29 2016 12:40 AM

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 2 2007
    • Posts 38
    • Points 515

Keyframe Confusion

I'm trying to do a basic Z axis zoom on a still image (keyframing in 3D warp) and I just can't work out what's going on.

Basically I add a keyframe at the start of the clip (add to open group - value 0) then place play head at end of clip (add to open group - value 30) but then the first keyframe also becomes 30.

I've been playing around with variations on what I described with no consistent results that I've been able to observe. At one point it was zooming backwards, then another time I succeeded but couldn't repeat it. Can someone outline the proper steps by any chance?

• Mon, May 2 2016 8:11 AM In reply to

Re: Keyframe Confusion

It sounds like you're doing it correctly. Make sure when you're changing the second keyframe that the first one is not also selected. (If it's selected it'll be pink.)

Sorry if that's really basic advice.

Media Composer 8.9.4 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Fri, May 6 2016 6:59 AM In reply to

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 2 2007
    • Posts 38
    • Points 515

Thank you. It was as simple as that. I idn't realise you had to deselect.

Cheers.

• Fri, May 6 2016 12:20 PM In reply to

You're welcome. I'm glad it was an easy fix.

Media Composer 8.9.4 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller