Latest post Thu, Apr 14 2016 6:02 AM by jaygon. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 14 2016 2:31 AM

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 2 2007
    • Posts 38
    • Points 515

Key framing crop effect on a title?

Hi,

I have a title on my timeline and wanted to do a keyframed crop so the title disappears letter by letter. I've very little experience with titles but I though I'd just apply 3D Warp and key frame the crop however when I apply the effect it no longer becomes a transparent title so the video underneath disappears.

I obviously approaching this the wrong way but would appreciate an explanation as to what is going on here or an alternative way of achieving this?

Thanks

• Thu, Apr 14 2016 3:23 AM In reply to

• N Ryan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 3 2014
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 66
    • Points 780

Re: Key framing crop effect on a title?

Title Tool has Crop built into it. From the Timeline, open the Title in the Effect Editor and you will see the controls Foreground, Scaling, Position and Crop.
    And if you do need to use 3DWarp on a Title, don't add the Effect over, just open the Title in the Effect Editor and promote it to 3D by clicking the 3D button on the bottom right of that window.

Neil.

OS 10.11.4 Mac Pro Media Composer 8.6.5 with Symphony & Interplay 3.4 AvidFX 6.4 Neat Video 4.1.4 ISIS5500 [view my complete system specs]

Neil.

• Thu, Apr 14 2016 6:02 AM In reply to

• jaygon
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 2 2007
    • Posts 38
    • Points 515

Re: Key framing crop effect on a title?

Thank you.

Got it.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller