Latest post Thu, May 12 2016 1:13 PM by Pat Horridge. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 17 2016 12:42 PM

• knejmann
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Århus, Denmark
    • Posts 164
    • Points 1,775

Artist Color panel settings

I've been using an Artist Color panel a couple of years with Symphony but I've always found the responsiveness a little weird – sensitivity too low and acceleration to high.

Now I’ve noticed that there are several Eucon-related console commands – but they are very poor documented.

Does anyone know how a command like “euccaccel” works? Help says:

Usage:         euccaccel <controlType:i> <minSlope> <maxSlope> <offset> <rise>

But I can’t find a way to show current values, valid ranges or any descriptions of the parameters. Running “euccaccel 0” made my knobs for saturation, contrast etc. stop working!

“euccaccel 0 10 10 0 0” made them work again – but not exactly before. And I can’t find a combination of parameters that disable the acceleration :-(

Can anybody help?

Media Composer 8.2.6 (some with Symphony option) - Windows 7 - HP Z420/Z820 (Nitris DX), Lenovo W540 etc. - Interplay and ISIS7000+NEXIS storage - Avid... [view my complete system specs]

Kåre Nejmann

Danish Broadcasting Corporation - DR
    Aarhus, Denmark 

• Thu, Mar 24 2016 1:19 PM In reply to

• Netti
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, May 16 2012
    • Switzerland
    • Posts 7
    • Points 85

Re: Artist Color panel settings

I would be VERY interested to know how to accelerate responsivness of the panel, too!!!!

MC 8.7, Symphony Option, Artist Color, HP Z640, Quadro m4000, Win7 Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 12 2016 12:17 AM In reply to

• TCurren
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank, CA
    • Posts 2,993
    • Points 37,730

Netti:

I would be VERY interested to know how to accelerate responsivness of the panel, too!!!!

It's not the panel. It's Avid's MC / Symphony software. The panels work fine on third party stuff like Resolve.

Symphony Nitris Classic, Symphony DX, MC Soft, MC Adrenaline, MC Adrenaline HD, Unity, Terrablock, ProTools [view my complete system specs]

Terence Curren Alpha Dogs, Inc.

Burbank, Ca

www.alphadogs.tv

www.digitalservicestation.com

www.editorslounge.com

• Thu, May 12 2016 11:58 AM In reply to

• Evan2001
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 29 2016
    • Posts 10
    • Points 130

I find the same thing. With Resolve is very responsive. With MC not so much.

-E

• Thu, May 12 2016 1:13 PM In reply to

Yes at VET we experienced the same thing. The panel worked really well with everything, resolve, FCP Color except MC or Symphony. With those it was sluggish and unresponsive. Not great when client facing.

The good thing is that is pushed grading to Resolve and that really opened up what we could do with the same hardware. Add in a second fast GPU (paid for resolve not the free one) and you get great real time playback on the Resolve side. Just hoping one day Avid will start to level the GPU possibilities.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller