Latest post Wed, Mar 9 2016 9:53 PM by John Moore. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 9 2016 9:53 PM

• John Moore
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 3 2006
    • Studio City, CA
    • Posts 392
    • Points 4,440

New Panasonic 4K Varicam and ama plugin?

Heading into the first 4K production at a production company I work at.  We have an established workflow for Arri Alexa and Amira cameras when delivering HD 1080 23.976 multicam shows.  Now there is going to be a 4K delivery and an HD delivery and the DP wants to try the new Panasonic VariCam 4k camera.  I don't have a model number yet but I'm told it's so new they can't even find 7 units for the multicam shoot.  I don't know why the push for the Panny when we have been successful with the Arris for the last couple of years.  Does anyone know if there is an ama plugin for Avid for the new Panny Varicam.  I heard talk that it shoots AVC Intra but I didn't get the specifics.  Our shows consist of long takes of a stage show so the clips are usually over an hour.  I'm wondering if storage is a factor with these new Panny's that is making them more attractive to the DP.  This the first time I've ever heard someone prefer a Panny camera over the Arri Alexa but I'm not a production guy so perhaps I'm not up to date.  Anybody done any 4K with the new Panny Varicam 4K?

Symphony Nitris and Nitris DX 4.x and MCsoft 5.x & 5.5x, MCsoft 6, Artist Color [view my complete system specs]

John Moore Barking Trout Productions bigfish@pacbell.net

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller