Latest post Mon, Apr 3 2017 10:13 AM by Marty. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Feb 17 2016 3:38 PM

AJA io XT - Playback jumps one frame back before play...

Background info:

• Two editing systems with same setup
    • Mac Pro (black)
    • Mac OS X 10.10.5
    • Media Composer 7.0.5 (I have tried 8.5 also to solve this issue)
    • AJA io XT with software version 12.3.8 (also tried older versions to solve this issue)
    • SDI and HDMI out to external viewing monitor and DB-25 audio snake cable for 8 analog audio output.
    When playing a clip, stop and play again it works fine. When playing a clip, stop and move the locator to another place and play, the clip jumps back one frame before playing. Most of the time very obvious and sometimes more suddle, but it it is always jumping one frame before playback. I am in contact with AJA support but they are puzzled... and so am I. I have tried to upgrade MC to 8.5, tried different versions of AJA software, changed the Thunderbolt ports, flashed the firmware again and again, but it seems like it just wanna pull my legs here. Any other tips would be much appreciated!

4 x ISIS 5000/5500 servers (208TB raw storage) 90 Media Composer clients (in four different countries) - 5 x Dell Precision T3400/T5400 - 7 x Dell Vostro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Feb 18 2016 12:53 AM In reply to

Re: AJA io XT - Playback jumps one frame back before play...

This is now confirmed by AJA as a bug and will be fixed in the next version of AJA software.

4 x ISIS 5000/5500 servers (208TB raw storage) 90 Media Composer clients (in four different countries) - 5 x Dell Precision T3400/T5400 - 7 x Dell Vostro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 3 2017 10:13 AM In reply to

• Marty
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Dec 3 2005
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 877
    • Points 10,270

Re: AJA io XT - Playback jumps one frame back before play...

Did you find a solution? I was also in contact with Aja support since September 2015 but it's still not fixed. When I start playback from an IN-point, the picture is jumping and when i play forward <> reverse it's quite jumpy and I'm also seeing tearing effects. I switched to Blackmagic but would be great if Aja would be able to fix it. 

all different setups in various editing suites. my own: MC 8.9.3, OSX 10.12.5, iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4,2 GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB RAM, Radeon... [view my complete system specs]

www.film-editing.de

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller