Latest post Thu, Feb 11 2016 3:19 PM by Steve Kistner. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 31 2016 6:05 AM

Metadata recreate

Hi,

Good day.

Seeking assistance. I have a question where a metadata of a certain material was deleted in interplay engine and interplay archive. The material was already been archive but now cant be restored.

My idea is to copy the material from the cache and recheckin. Is it possible that the metadata be recovered on both IE and IA?

Any idea. Thanks.

Neil

• Thu, Feb 11 2016 3:19 PM In reply to

• Steve Kistner
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 19 2012
    • New York City
    • Posts 33
    • Points 375

Re: Metadata recreate

neilquinzon:

Hi,

Good day.

Seeking assistance. I have a question where a metadata of a certain material was deleted in interplay engine and interplay archive. The material was already been archive but now cant be restored.

My idea is to copy the material from the cache and recheckin. Is it possible that the metadata be recovered on both IE and IA?

Any idea. Thanks.

Neil

A couple of options.  Who is your archive vendor?  SGL, front porch digital both allow search and restore of raw assets without interplay being in the picture.  That would allow you to confirm the media still exists on tape and pull that back. It would further be worth looking to see if the AAF was archived along with the media.  It's not a default option, but:

Interplay admin guide:
    The Asset Tracking/Archive Settings view on the Interplay Archive Engine includes an option labeled “Allow Metadata Archive.” If you select Yes, AAF metadata for Avid assets is sent to the tape archive along with the media. This option requires special implementation by the tape archive vendor. If you select No, only media is sent to tape (the default).  

If metadata was saved to tape, the resultant aaf file could be opened in an editor.  

Finally, he metadata may exist in your original local project or attic bin files. If you can check into interplay from the editor, and the media still exists on your LTO tapes, you have some options.   

Is this just one critical sequence or a bunch of assets?  

- Steve Kistner, NBC Universal 

-- Steve

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller