Latest post Thu, Dec 10 2015 2:08 PM by RalphC. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Dec 10 2015 6:05 AM

• dg57
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jul 28 2015
    • Posts 8
    • Points 130

App manager won't allow update

After spending hours of my time dealing with various update problems, speaking to numerous Avid techs and miraculously getting app manager to work, it has failed again. The saga started with my renew code for MC/Symphony not being accepted in my account, then after that was fixed app manager would not allow me to update. Then I could not load 8.4.3 without manually deleting various Avid files. Just when I thought it might just work app manager will not allow me to update to 8.4.4 telling me my system is not current. And app manager is what notified me that there was an update. Avid's licence system is very broken. I'm about to give up on you guys. Unfortunately you have my money for two systems for another year. This is depressing, I keep getting told all is well and then things keep breaking. 

Dave

• Thu, Dec 10 2015 2:08 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,806
    • Points 19,940
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: App manager won't allow update

Hello Dave,

You can also update via the direct download log into your Avid Master Account download Media Composer 8.4.4, I did this yesterday, download MC 8.4.4 run the setup.exe restart computer. I also reset the AppMan after installation. Hope this help.

Good luck,

Ralph

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller