Latest post Mon, Nov 30 2015 5:12 PM by Kevin Klimek. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 26 2015 4:49 PM

• Westcity
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 15 2008
    • Posts 80
    • Points 1,135

problem transcoding gopro Hero4 slo-mo footage

I can transcode 24 fps 1080p gopro footage into a 24 fps project without problems.  I can also transcode 60fps footage shot on my Sony FS-700 into a 24 fps project and it recognizes the higher frame rate and brings it in as slo-mo with no problems.

If I try to transcode 60, 120 or higher framerates from the gopro and select "keep source's frame rate", first I notice that I don't have the usual codecs, but am only offered DNxHR options.  this is only 1080p, not large raster sizes.  But then transcoding crashes the system.  

Error message: • Exception: FATAL_ERROR, msg:Assertion failed: mobIsFrameRateMixAndMatch, file:/Volumes/Data/Snapshots/relengmaverick3_1441163164/coresw/ame/src/CompMan/ProxySyntheticMobs.cpp, line:1215 BoBDevice... • Tracks have incompatible edit rates.

The same 60 fps footage can be transcoded if I let it convert to 24 fps, but then it's not slo-mo.  I can also bring it in to a 60 fps project, then copy the clips over to the 24 fps project, but the extra steps are an aggravation.  Also, AFAIK it's not possible to create a 90 or 120 fps project to import to first.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Steve

MacBook Pro and iMac BMD extreme card and minimonitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 30 2015 5:12 PM In reply to

Re: problem transcoding gopro Hero4 slo-mo footage

That's correct, you still can't have any non-standard frame rate.

I have found you have to download and use GoPro Studio and that will convert your files to 24 fps.

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller