Latest post Sun, Nov 22 2015 8:14 PM by editmarx. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 18 2015 8:05 PM

• Thomas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 23 2014
    • Cologne
    • Posts 33
    • Points 460

DNxIO much to loud

Hello,

I did not found any entry about the fan-loudness of the DNxIO, so I make that new post. 

The Avid Artist is much to noisy to work with. I recorded with my phone, but it is not good to hear in mono. As it is not possible to load m4a-files I had ti zip the audiofile.

So can I change the fan? What to do? Otherwise I would let it go back.

Regards, Thomas

Z840, Win7Pro, 32GB RAM DDR4, NVIDIA Quadra K4200, Dual Intel Xenon E5 - 2650v3 2.3 2133 10Core / Macbook Pro Retina, MAC OS 10.10.5, 2,8 GHz Intel Core... [view my complete system specs]

Thomas Poerschke, Editor & Colorist

ColorGrading.TV @ MMC Studios Köln, Am Coloneum 1, 50829 Cologne, Germany
    web: www.colorgrading.tv

• Wed, Nov 18 2015 10:55 PM In reply to

Re: DNxIO much to loud

Thomas:

Hello,

I did not found any entry about the fan-loudness of the DNxIO, so I make that new post. 

The Avid Artist is much to noisy to work with. I recorded with my phone, but it is not good to hear in mono. As it is not possible to load m4a-files I had ti zip the audiofile.

So can I change the fan? What to do? Otherwise I would let it go back.

Regards, Thomas

That link to the file is not showing in the forum for me with Firefox on a Mac.

Anyway,  the fan(s) on mine are very quiet and mine is sitting right behind my MacBook Pro.  So I would suspect your's is defective or you are in too hot of an enviroment.  Or too quiet of an enviroment;-).  The DNxIO is designed to be rack mounted and not necessarily close to your computer.

Hope you get it resolved,

Robert

MacBook Pro Late 2013 2.6 ghz I7/16gb RAM/GT 750M/1TB PCIe SSD & MacPro Early 2009 24GB/GTX1080Ti/HIT2TB/WD650/WD1TB/ProAvio Scary RAID External. [view my complete system specs]

Robert A. Ober
    IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelance Preditor(Producer/Editor)
    www.infohou.com
    Houston, TX

• Fri, Nov 20 2015 12:24 PM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 23 2014
    • Cologne
    • Posts 33
    • Points 460

Link:

Thanks for your reply. For shure it is rack mounted in an open rack and it become very hot at normal room temerature.

After replacing it, I can tell, it was defect. The new one does not get hot and is not that loud (much more quit).

So at anybody out there with a loud and hot DNxIO: let replace it immediatly!!!! Also the knob for MIC was defect.

But the shipping-box of Avid is hoorble weak for such a fragile object.

Z840, Win7Pro, 32GB RAM DDR4, NVIDIA Quadra K4200, Dual Intel Xenon E5 - 2650v3 2.3 2133 10Core / Macbook Pro Retina, MAC OS 10.10.5, 2,8 GHz Intel Core... [view my complete system specs]

Thomas Poerschke, Editor & Colorist

ColorGrading.TV @ MMC Studios Köln, Am Coloneum 1, 50829 Cologne, Germany
    web: www.colorgrading.tv

• Sun, Nov 22 2015 8:14 PM In reply to

• editmarx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Burbank CA
    • Posts 103
    • Points 1,225

I have 2 avids with DNxIO.  Just to be sure I just turned them both on.  They are both rack mounted and quiet as lambs.  Time to check in with your reseller, I think.

8.68.2, DNXIO, Avid Artist Color, Symphony, Mac Tower, 2.7 GHz 12 Core Intel Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller