Latest post Fri, Jul 8 2016 4:32 PM by RalphC. 21 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Nov 15 2015 5:01 PM

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

How to Renew your Upgrade & Support plan

Locked Contact

***  Perpetual License Upgrade and Support plan renewal is $299 USD for 1 year.

***  Subscription/Rental licenses annual Subscription plan renewal is $49.99 USD per month (unless otherwise noted ).

My Avid Master Account:  If you have an upgrade & support plan that is slated for expiration or has recently expired, you can find the information for each Media Composer license you own in your Avid Master Account (account.avid.com).  Simply select My Products and Subscriptions which is the top link once you log in, then expand the product category you are looking for ( a few examples might be: Media Composer | Software,  Media Composer | Software (Crossgrade from Symphony) ).  Then locate the System ID of the license in question. Note that If you have more than one plan, there should be multiple System ID’s listed.  The upgrade and support information will be visible to the right of your System ID with a time period listed on the right (example might be Time Period: Nov 04, 2016 - to - Nov 03, 2017).

Access within the Application Manager (aka AppMan) : The upgrade and support renewal information including time period, is also available in Application Manger under the licensing tab.

Grace Period:   Customers have 30 days after the upgrade and support plan expires to renew the plan.   If you are past the 30 day window.... you will no longer see the renew support option listed. If you feel this is in error, please contact Customer Care directly.  I can also assist if emailed directly.

Next……

What should be in My Avid Account:  Digital products that are purchased on the Avid Online Store are automatically deposited into your My Avid Master Account.  Also, if you purchased a product from a reseller and/or redeem a Download Code (aka Redemption Code, Activation Code) in your Avid Master Account, those products will appear in your account.  Physically shipped products that included older DVD installers (Media Composer 6.0 and previous) WILL NOT appear in your My Avid Master Account even if you filled out a registration form.  Again, only physical product that was redeemed within the My Avid Master Account will appear there.  If an older product was reintstated ( MC 3.0 and higher when our reinstatement option was offered) then these should also show in My Avid.

Example: So say you bought your MC 6.x from a reseller a few years ago.  At that time, the MC 6.x license (System ID, activation ID or dongle serial ) would NOT have shown in your My Avid Account.  You bought a few upgrades on the Avid Online Store over time ( upgrades to 6.5 and 7.0 ) which were  listed in your My Avid Account.    When expanding the product category for those upgrades, what shows is the Activation ID’s for those upgrades but no System ID is listed ( remember you didn’t buy it from the Avid Online Store originally). Then.... let’s say you upgraded to Media Composer 8.0 which included a year of upgrades and support. You will have been prompted to assign a System ID to the upgrade and now your original System ID will indeed be reflected inside your Avid Master Account.  This example also holds true for reinstatement plans.

Support Upgrade Link within My Avid Account:  This link allows existing support customers whose products do not appear in their accounts to claim their upgrades for their systems.  So if you’ve had an active upgrade and support plan over the years (purchased/renewed via PO) and just never had the need to upgrade to Media Composer 8.x, this is how you do it.  You input the System ID that has support and it will get deposited into your account.  It will include the upgrade Activation ID and latest downloads.  It will also see what your support expiration date is and will reflect this in your account.       

How to Renew your Upgrade & Support plan: 

1.   Go to your My Avid Account

2.   Log in

3.   Open Avid My Products and Subscriptions and then expand the product category for your plan

4.   Find the System ID you wish to renew

5.   Select the Renew Support link

6.   You will be prompted with the following:

How many years?    1  ( pull down menu where you can select multiple years)   New Expiration: May 19, 2017

What type of Support?   Media Composer | Software - USD 299/yr

Add to Cart

7.   Select the year quantity and Add to Cart

8.   Select Go to Cart

9.   Select Check Out

10. Verify your Address – select Save & Continue

11. Accept Terms & Continue  ( Make sure you select the check box)

12. Enter Payment information and Place Order

OR....... there is an option to enter "Support Renewal Code” that was previously purchased form Avid Direct or Reseller.

Enter Support Renewal Code

Submit

Support codes can be purchased through Avid Sales or through a Reseller.

NOTE:  When you renew your Upgrade and Support plan, you will need to re-activate in order for your license to pick up your new Upgrade and Support plan expiration date. However, you do not need to go through the re-activation process until you are ready to upgrade to a newer MC release that may require the updated expiration date.

Hope this helps everyone and anyone with specific issues not address in ths post, please email me directly and we will assist you. 

Normal 0 false false false EN-US JA X-NONE /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Sat, Nov 28 2015 8:01 PM In reply to

• adamsonn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • South Africa
    • Posts 673
    • Points 9,980

Re: How to Renew your Upgrade & Support plan

Hi Marianna 

I hope you are well - my subscription appears to be cancelled for some reason - I have sent you a PM and would be grateful for your assistasnce in getting this renewed and uncancelled 

Many thanks 

Neil 

MC6 machine: Intel Core i7 Asus P8-H67 64 bit Motherboard 1*1Tb SATA drive - partitioned to C (OS and programs) and D (data) drive 1*1TB SATA drive... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 28 2015 9:03 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Neil

Already responded and have Customer Care on it Monday am.  Dont worry - we will take care of you as the invoice does show Dec 2015 and not Aug 2015.  

Stand by

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Sat, Nov 28 2015 9:48 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna,

I have an AVID account since 2009 but recently I moved, I changed the address, the country and the name of my company. I contacted the AVID support and they suggested to cancel all the Subscription I have on my account and once I cancelled everything, use your New Avid Account and re-purchase a new Subscription. In this way, I should be billed directly to my new company that I created the New Avid Account. So when I create a New Avid Account, enter my new information (Name, Company, Address, etc..) and use that to purchase a new Subscription.

To be honest I am terribly afraid to do that because I am 100% sure that I will have problems to do that and with the account cancelled I won't even be allowed to contact the support and the forum.

You are is there guardian angel of Avid users, that's why I write directly to you to know if there is any safe way to do the change, please. I am a dongle user.

Thank you very much for your always prompt and precious help and my best regards.

Lorenzo

Avid 8.3, workstation HP Z400, Intel Xeon Quad-core 3,20Ghz, 12Gb Ram, Nvidia Quadro 2000. Authoring & Conversion: TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4, AVID... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 28 2015 10:07 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Lorenzo

Happy to help here.....  email me directly at marianna.montague@avid.com and I will contact you and wlak you thru or send you back an email outlining the steps you need to take to make sure this is done correctly.

Dont worry... we can make it happen.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Dec 9 2015 7:04 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna,

I tried to contact you few times to your email, but maybe my messages went to the spam.

Avid 8.3, workstation HP Z400, Intel Xeon Quad-core 3,20Ghz, 12Gb Ram, Nvidia Quadro 2000. Authoring & Conversion: TMPGEnc Authoring Works 4, AVID... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 9 2015 9:40 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,270
    • Points 13,750
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello Lorenzo,

Marianna has tons of email to check, it might take awhile til she read yours. If you forward the message to my email, I may be able to help. 

Good luck,

Ralph

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 10 2015 9:09 AM In reply to

Hi Ralph

thank you for your message. I can imagine she's very busy. Can you give me your email please?

Kind regards

Lorenzo

• Thu, Dec 10 2015 1:47 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,270
    • Points 13,750
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hello Lorenzo,

My email address is raff.condalor@avid.com, you can also send direct message via the contact button. PM me the details regarding your concern.

Best regards,

Ralph

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Dec 10 2015 9:20 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,270
    • Points 13,750
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Got you PM Lorenzo, working on it right now.

Regards,

Ralph

• Sat, Jan 9 2016 9:24 PM In reply to

Hi Marianna

please help me :(

after a lot of emails sent to several customer supporters and struggling so much, after paying for my plan and so on... all I've got is a wrong invoice and a deactivated software.
    I tried to run the software to do some urgent work and a message tells that I can't use it because my plan is expired and the version I installed is newer. I tried to update my dongle to skip this problem but it doesn't work, the system says that my activation Id is invalid. I need to finish ungent works. Honestly it's really unbelievable that just for changing the company details I have to undergo all this.
    Please Marianna I rely on you to do something as soon as possible, I need to give edited works to my customers.

Lorenzo

• Sun, Jan 10 2016 4:57 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,666
    • Points 113,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Lorenzo

I got your email and created a case.  Looks like we need to blast you an new dongle updater.  I reached Ed in support and he is going to assist you.

Stand by

Marianna 

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Tue, Jul 5 2016 6:54 PM In reply to

• mrak1979
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 2 2014
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 11
    • Points 145

Hi Marianna and Ralph. I just sent you email about my media composer renew and update issue. Please let me know that you got it. Thanks.

Mac OS 10.11.5, i7-3770 CPU, 32 GB RAM, GTX 780 GPU running MC 8.6 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 6 2016 2:29 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Posts 1,270
    • Points 13,750
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Mark,

I open a support ticket for you, license support team will get in touch.

Regards,

Ralph

• Wed, Jul 6 2016 2:42 PM In reply to

• mrak1979
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jan 2 2014
    • San Francisco
    • Posts 11
    • Points 145

Thank you Ralph!

Mac OS 10.11.5, i7-3770 CPU, 32 GB RAM, GTX 780 GPU running MC 8.6 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller