Latest post Tue, Sep 15 2015 1:39 PM by Minerwerks. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 15 2015 1:39 PM

Running virtual desktop or caption software with MC?

Is anyone running the Citrix Receiver (https://www.citrix.com/downloads/citrix-receiver.html) for virtual XenDesktop access on the same workstation (Windows 7) as Media Composer (with Nitris DX)?

Is anyone running Telestream's Caption Maker on the same (Windows 7) workstation as Media Composer?

My company wants to put a user in an office across the country from our main location and we are trying to determine if he can or should run a virtual desktop (for email and Microsoft Office) on the same system as Media Composer. Similarly, the user may need to work on closed caption files or prep them to import to Media Composer using Caption Maker on this system.

In general, I am reluctant to add software to a Media Composer workstation where we follow so many specific recommendations from Avid about hardware and system configurations to keep performance maximized. But having a user run these applications from the same sytem has benefits over a separate PC, where files would need to be transferred via network drive or "sneaker net" on an external drive.

We are prepared to test these functions in our office, but I thought I would ask around here to see if forum users had any experience with similar configurations.

Thanks,

= Derek =

Media Composer 7.0.4 (on HP Z800 and Z820 workstations), Interplay 3.0.7 with ISIS (Storage Manager 4.6.1), AirSpeed MultiStream 5000 2.7.5 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller