Latest post Tue, Sep 15 2015 6:24 AM by Mondo. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 14 2015 3:01 PM

Strange Error Msg VDM3DecompCvtr::RUCompatible: Can't create the device

Hey all, you guys have been so helpful I was hoping you may be able to help me out with one more.

Our 3 PC Symphonies have been giving us a "VDM3DecompCvtr::RUCompatible: Can't create the device" intermittently ever since we upgraded to 8.4. It is not a big deal as you just hit OK and the error goes away with no negative conciquences other then a wasted mouse click, but I am having trouble sussing out what this error relates to, does anyone have any insight as to what would be causing this? Like I mentioned it seems to be a PC only thing, but it is happening on every PC we have. 

Cheers,

Nathan

Primary - MC 8.4 w/Symphony Option, Xeon X5680 (x2), 32GB RAM, GTX 970, Nitris DX Alt - MC 8.4 w/Symphony Option, MacPro Trashcan 3.0Ghz 8 core, 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 15 2015 5:50 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

Re: Strange Error Msg VDM3DecompCvtr::RUCompatible: Can't create the device

Do you have IO hardware connected not listed in your system specs?

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Tue, Sep 15 2015 6:04 AM In reply to

Hey sorry just updated for future ref! Of the systems that we have tested that are having the problem 2 have Nitris BOBs and my home system which also gives the error has a blackmagic card.

Cheers,

Nathan

Primary - MC 8.4 w/Symphony Option, Xeon X5680 (x2), 32GB RAM, GTX 970, Nitris DX Alt - MC 8.4 w/Symphony Option, MacPro Trashcan 3.0Ghz 8 core, 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Sep 15 2015 6:24 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,625
    • Points 18,630

have you tried creating new user and site settings?

I'd also open the capture tool and check it isn't set to firewire as an input...

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller