Latest post Thu, Nov 15 2018 12:23 PM by MikaS. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Aug 29 2015 6:53 AM

• Jayson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 5 2008
    • los angeles
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,690

Change FrameFlex Default and Copy/Paste FrameFlex Attributes?

Hi,

Is there a setting to change the FrameFlex Default options? I see a setting under the Link setting that lets you choose the default crop setting for FrameFlex but not default dimension. Also, how do you Copy/Paste FrameFlex Attributes from one clip to another on the timeline?

Thx,

Jayson

Avid 8.4.5 w/ Symphony x2 (1) iMac 2014 32gb Ram 4gb vram (2) Macbook Pro (just for writing not editing) (camera) Panasonic GH4 x2 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Thu, Oct 1 2015 5:42 PM In reply to

• Jayson
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, May 5 2008
    • los angeles
    • Posts 373
    • Points 4,690

Re: Change FrameFlex Default and Copy/Paste FrameFlex Attributes?

Still wondering if there's a way to copy and paste FrameFlex settings from one clip to another clip or to multiple clips.

Thx

Avid 8.4.5 w/ Symphony x2 (1) iMac 2014 32gb Ram 4gb vram (2) Macbook Pro (just for writing not editing) (camera) Panasonic GH4 x2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Oct 25 2018 4:41 PM In reply to

• MattRL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 10 2017
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

I have the same questions as Jayson from 2015: Any way to change the default behavior of FrameFlex? Or Cut and paste settings? FrameFlex reformat setting defaults to 'Stretch' when I want it to always apply 'Pillarbox/Letterbox'. I could save a lot of time if I didn't have to flip that setting every time I bring in a new clip.

Thanks,

• Thu, Oct 25 2018 10:28 PM In reply to

Hi Matt, there is a LINK setting in the reformatting tab to set it in your user setting. But there is kind of a hidden feature in the text view of the bin When you select all linked clips in the bin and show all 1000 colums in bin view you'll see there is a column indicating STRETCH - when you click on it, a menu appears, then you can switch all clips at once to LETTERBOX for example. And when you open the SOURCE SETTINGs for one clip, and all clips are selected in bin You can change all color/frame flex etc. at once: APPLY FOR ALL something like this appears on the bottom of the source settings window, -not in front of MC at the moment- HTH best julie
    MC 2018.4 @ OS10.10.5 w/matrox mini 2x2.26 quad-core intel xeon w/32gb in my production company and MC 2018.7.1 @ OS 10.10.5 on macbook pro for teaching... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Oct 29 2018 3:16 PM In reply to

• MattRL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 10 2017
    • Posts 4
    • Points 50

Thank you, schuehlieh

I found the reformat column in the bin, that's extremely helpful. But not sure what you mean by "there is a LINK setting in the reformatting tab to set it in your user setting". There's no reformatting tab in the source settings window, the reformat settings are on the FrameFlex tab without an option to link to my user settings (Avid 2018.3). I'm guessing I'm looking in the wrong place - could you clarify where I can find the link setting?

Thanks again!

• Thu, Nov 15 2018 12:23 PM In reply to

• MikaS
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Munich, Germany
    • Posts 33
    • Points 355

Hi MattRL, I think smart schuehlieh points on this:

go to Settings - Link Settings - Link Options - Properties of New Clips - Voilà

Best

at home: MC 2018.9 w/ Blackmagic Intensity Pro, MB: MSI X99A SLI, Win 10 Prof., Intel i7-6800K 3.4GHz, 32GB Ram, NVidia GeForce GTX 1070, Lian Raid EX... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller