Latest post Fri, Jul 21 2017 4:18 PM by dblisle. 59 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 18 2016 2:17 PM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 283
    • Points 3,200

Re: Application Manager not connecting

I emailed avid support, they did something their end. And emailed me back.

When I ran this morning I was offered a login page to appman, rather than you have no products on this account statement.

I entered my avid.com user name andpassword, and was sucessfully logged in.

Thanks Steve

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems 6.5 to 8.5 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: new 2017 15" MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 18 2016 2:20 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 110,995
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

SteveK:

I also have appman saying 

You do not own any products under this account yet. Please visiut the Avid store to buy a new one"

since the last up date

"apps" requires a login

My avid shows valid perpetual Product.

Avid 8.6.3

AppMan 2.5.10.13590

OS 10.11.6  MbP 17' Early 2011

Steve,

One thing to check... when did you renew last ? and did you activate and deactivate to reset the clock on the upgrade/support plan?

if you did and this still occurs...  send me an email with your My Avid email, system ID and activation ID.  I'll get it resolved.

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, Oct 18 2016 2:23 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 110,995
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

SteveK...

Good to hear. I am going to check the case they created when sowkring wiht you and see what they did.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Wed, Oct 19 2016 8:57 PM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 283
    • Points 3,200

havent renewed for ages as not due until next month.

once renewed do we still have to deatcivate reactivate?

Seems fine now thanks.

steve

Numerous clients mojo to Nitris PC systems 6.5 to 8.5 with interplay with ISIS/UNITY, EVS transfer/w IP director At Home: new 2017 15" MacbookPro... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 19 2016 8:59 PM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 283
    • Points 3,200

Thanks [Case : 03062306]

• Thu, Nov 3 2016 1:21 AM In reply to

• Arthur Klein
    • Not Ranked
    • Santa Monica CA
    • Posts 132
    • Points 1,690

I am having same problem before and after upgrading to MC 8.6.4 and Application_Manager_2.5.10_Win

How do I sort this out?

• Thu, Nov 3 2016 2:11 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 110,995
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Arthur...

email me your system iD, activation ID and email address used for My Avid account login

xo

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Nov 11 2016 9:48 PM In reply to

• NEO_AMiGA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 30 2009
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 61
    • Points 730

Ah yes. The Avid Application manager. I'm sorry guys... But there's no excuse for this to be as bad as it is, embarresing. If it only worked every 10th time I'd be (somewhat) happy. The truth is, it and/or the services it connects to is in such a bad state I'm not sure why you even continue to use it and ship it with your various applications. =(

OSX 10.10.5, 10.12.2. Upgraded and installed latest version of it. Still various stuck states most of the time. The lack of sensible output and feedback to the user in the main GUI is saddening. =/

2016.11.11 22:37:44 [Thread-28] ERROR com.avid.upstream.service.impl.EntitlementServiceImpl - Error occured during HTTP request (getSubscriptionsAsJsonStringFromService) "https://api.eu-west-1.everywhere.avid.com/apis/avid.account.sf/principals/21df3b5e-0d86-46bb-bcbe-2534d223b60b". Response: "{"code":"avid.upstream/NOT_FOUND","params":{},"message":"Not found","incident":"14839e51-a857-11e6-a29a-0606ed8b29c5","exchange":"14839e50-a857-11e6-a29a-0606ed8b29c5","status":404}". Skip request

2016.11.11 22:37:44 [Thread-28] ERROR com.avid.upstream.service.impl.EntitlementServiceImpl - Can't fetch address (Avid Account SF) from upstream during update account and entitlements by new access token

2016.11.11 22:37:44 [Thread-12] WARN com.avid.fncservice.event.handler.OnSendMessageBySocket - Message was successfully sent:

2016.11.11 22:37:44 [Thread-12] WARN com.avid.fncservice.event.handler.OnSendMessageBySocket - token/avid.token.update

NEO aka Henrik Cednert.

cto | compositor

Filmlance International

• Sat, Nov 12 2016 1:30 PM In reply to

• NEO_AMiGA
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 30 2009
    • Stockholm, Sweden
    • Posts 61
    • Points 730

Okay. So what I apparently had to do (according to support) on our 15ish clients was to:

** Please note that this procedure will deactivate your Media Composer license. If you have a Media Composer license activated, please deactivate it first before proceeding.

1. Stop the following in Activity Monitor:

• AvidAppManager

• AvidAppManHelper

2. Delete the following folders:

• HD/Library/Caches/Avid/AppManager/Cache

• HD/Library/Caches/Avid/AppManager/Db

• HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/Licenses

• HD/Library/Application Support/Avid/SWL

Not sure how they want us to deactivate if AAM doens't work. =/ We use dongles so really not a problem here, not sure what happens with a subscription based activation. The above worked at our place but I'm not ruling out that there are multiple issues with the ApplicationManager. On the conterary, I'm easily counting on it. Even though up and running again, I still stand by my un-anonymous opinion that the Avid Application Manager is embarrassingly bad. 

Since I had to do this on about 15 clients I made a bash script for it that works on OSX. If you're on to stuffs like that and know what you're doing you can find it here.

http://pastebin.com/XZNDBY7J

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

p.p1 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Arial} p.p2 {margin: 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px 0.0px; font: 11.0px Arial; min-height: 12.0px} span.s1 {font-kerning: none}

NEO aka Henrik Cednert.

cto | compositor

Filmlance International

• Sat, Dec 3 2016 5:16 AM In reply to

• Reaper_is_better
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 6 2016
    • As far away from AVID as possible
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

I have found a much simpler solution to the never-ending hassle of the Avid App Manager.

YOU WILL ALL BE GLAD TO KNOW I HAVE FOUND THE SOLUTION ! WHAT A RELIEF. FINALLY.

Here is what i did :
    1) Placed an add for my Eleven Rack without Pro Tools (sold immediately for 400 € inc. shipping)
    2) Placed an add for Pro Tools 10 + iLok2 (sold immediately, try higher than 190 €)
    3) Uninstalled all Avid software
    4) Drew some blood and swore to never touch an Avid product in my life - i love myself too much to want to harm myself now.
    5) Sighed in relief that all my troubles are over.
    6) Replaced the Eleven with much better-sounding analog pedals and speaker simulators - and for a lot less cash too.
    7) Will be installing Reaper (a million times cheaper, easier, oh and it works) or Presonus Studio One (also cheaper & better IMO).

BYE BYE AVID !
    BYE BYE Eleven Rack with it's 100 horrible presets !

A much happier me. :-)

Windows 7 Ultimate (x64) 16 GB Ram SSD + 3TB + 4 TB RAID 10 + various more Radeon 5850 Avid Eleven Rack + iLok 2 + ProTools 10, none of which really work... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 17 2016 10:27 AM In reply to

• SteveK
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • London
    • Posts 283
    • Points 3,200

I am getting the "ypu dont own any products again" from the latest Application manager.

I recently renewed =my subscription, and am able to de-activate re-actiavte media composer.

• Sat, Dec 17 2016 5:22 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,499
    • Points 110,995
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

SteveK

email me ( email below ) and include this info and your system ID and My Avid email address.

Marianna

mobile 813-493-6800

WWLD

• Fri, Jul 21 2017 12:56 PM In reply to

• dblisle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 18 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

I'm getting an issue the a not connecting to server I've openned the recommended ports and the AvidAppManHelper is not appearing in MSconfig or Task Manager.

• Fri, Jul 21 2017 3:37 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,198
    • Points 13,045
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

dblisle:

I'm getting an issue the a not connecting to server I've openned the recommended ports and the AvidAppManHelper is not appearing in MSconfig or Task Manager.

Install version 17.5, restart machine.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 21 2017 4:18 PM In reply to

• dblisle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 18 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

That is the version I am working with

Page 4 of 4 (60 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller