Latest post Tue, Oct 16 2018 2:37 PM by jonnybradley. 51 replies.
Page 4 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 28 2018 10:56 PM In reply to

• MarkG
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Canada
    • Posts 245
    • Points 3,135

Re: Application Manager Account login failed

Doing the equivalent on Windows (after figuring out where the cache directories are hidden there) got the Application Manager to log in again, but it still shows nothing under 'Apps' or 'Licensing', even though it shows my Media Composer subscription under 'Account'.

Restarting the App Man Helper or clearing the cache files through the App Manager makes no difference.

There is a message in the activity history saying 'Warning: FNC connection failed,' whatever that means.

Media Composer 8.9.4, Intel i7-3770, Nvidia GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, 250GB SSD + 3TB data drive + 4TB RAID1 video drive, Windows 7 Pro. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Jun 30 2018 12:08 PM In reply to

• TheMCnz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jun 30 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Well, i must say, this was very annoying..

i download the product, first time installation, and could not get it to work..  had to troubleshoot for like an hour..

it turns out i had selected Send Annonymous data to Avid to improve the application.

when i unticked this box in Application Manager Sign-In Preferences everything started to work.. meaning that I could now login.  I saw many people were having a similar issue for years..   unknown error login, application manager error, login error.

this happened on these Application Manager Versions for Windows

v18.4.3.18185 (this is the version inculded with initial download)

v18.5 (this was the most current app available on the Avid web pages at the time)

after installing the latest v18.5 and logged in successfully, i immediately was notified that a new Application Manager version was avialable.

v18.6 -- recieved automatic install error saying something was using the NVIDA Application Overlay...  had to manually end the Avid Application Manager task and click retry to install successfully -- whey didnt it just say the Application Manager was in use.. and close the Application Manager automatically after a prompt??

i wonder how many people have just given up and uninstalled...

• Sat, Oct 13 2018 1:54 PM In reply to

Hi all

I've only just installed Media Composer, second time trying to use it and i just get "Getting subscription data..." showing for ever. I followed these instructions to the letter but it didn't work, so i uninstalled Media Composer and the Cloud thing first, then uninstalled the app manager like this but it still doesn't work after reinstalling...

Any idea what's wrong? I'm on Mac OS 10.13.6 (just about to upgrade to 10.14 when i get this working), everything else up to date.

I do not have a folder ~/Library/Caches/Avid/App Manager, just ~/Library/Caches/Avid Media Composer by the way.

My Avid account email is "jmail at nospaces dot net".

Thanks in advance

jonny B

• Sat, Oct 13 2018 2:47 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,703
    • Points 18,765
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Jonny,

We have announced a systems maintenance that occurs Friday, October 12th at 11:00 PM EDT to Saturday, October 13th at 4:00 AM EDT

During this time, you will NOT be able to:

-  Sign in to your Avid.com account or sign up for a new account

-  Download your purchased products

-  Manage or renew subscriptions

-  Checkout on the Avid Online Store, Marketplace or In-App stores

-  Access Video Community

-  Access Avid Link Desktop and Mobile App Beta

-  Use Pro Tools and Sibelius Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Sharing Services

-  Use the Avid Download Center

The migration is completed and the team is doing the post validation. We will check this now.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Oct 13 2018 11:20 PM In reply to

Thanks RalphC

Oops, seems i totally missed that announcement, my bad - all working fine so reinstalling now, thanks!

Not a great feedback message though "Getting subscription data..." (also i did go to my.avid.com, logged out and back in again without seeing a maintenance notice, but maybe that's just me ;)

Really not complaining tohugh as i'm using the freebie version so far!

jonny B

• Tue, Oct 16 2018 1:57 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,703
    • Points 18,765
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Hi Jonny,

If you're still stuck please pm me. Thanks!

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Oct 16 2018 2:37 PM In reply to

Thanks for asking RalphC, all good now, just coincided with your maintenace window i guess...

Page 4 of 4 (52 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller