Latest post Mon, May 30 2016 12:42 AM by DStone. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 14 2015 5:48 PM

Avid 8.4 Bug - Renders don't break for Color Correction

Recently upgraded to avid 8.4 finding that the render system seems to be a bit broken. If you have a layer that has effects above it and you update CC below it, the monitor will not update with the new CC it only displays the render. Best way to fix this is to clear renders but that is aweful time consuming. Wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem as well?

Cheers.

Primary - MC 8.4 w/Symphony Option, Xeon X5680 (x2), 32GB RAM, GTX 970, Nitris DX Alt - MC 8.4 w/Symphony Option, MacPro Trashcan 3.0Ghz 8 core, 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jul 14 2015 6:11 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,195
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Avid 8.4 Bug - Renders don't break for Color Correction

Can one o fthe moderators or another customer try and reproduce this so we can escalate it?  

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Jul 15 2015 11:10 AM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,627
    • Points 60,455

Nathan Morgan:

Recently upgraded to avid 8.4 finding that the render system seems to be a bit broken. If you have a layer that has effects above it and you update CC below it, the monitor will not update with the new CC it only displays the render. Best way to fix this is to clear renders but that is aweful time consuming. Wondering if anyone else is seeing this problem as well?

Cheers.

Are you monitoring the CC track?

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.12.1 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Wed, Jul 15 2015 5:32 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,572
    • Points 45,875
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

I was not able to reproduce this in 8.4, but the description of the problem is a little vague. Could you please clarify exactly what you're doing?

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Wed, Jul 15 2015 5:48 PM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 919
    • Points 11,770

Marianna:

Can one o fthe moderators or another customer try and reproduce this so we can escalate it?  

Marianna

I can partly confirm this behavior. I made a short test with two videos on tracks V1 and V2.

1. I placed the Resize effect on video track 2, converted the resize effect to 3D, resized the video to 1/4, placed it to the top left, and de-selected Background Color of this effect to show the underlying video from track V1 with the overlayed qurter video in top left.

2. On video track 1 I changed color settings with color correction effect.

3. I rendered the whole sequence.

4. When I re-enter the color correction mode, select the color correction effect on track V1, any change made to the effect controls were not reflected in the record monitor.

5. Only after deselecting track V2, changes to color correction parameters are shown in the recodr monitor.

6. If I now re-select track V2, changes in color correction are still shown in the recodr monitor.

So it is obviously the renderr file, which is initially shown when I enter the color correction of track V1 and modifications of color correction are not shown. After deselction of track 2 and resection all works fine, and modifications of color parameters are immediately reflected in the record monitor.

Joachim

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Fri, Jul 17 2015 4:26 AM In reply to

• bastian
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Jan 20 2006
    • Brisbane, Australia
    • Posts 69
    • Points 865

I'm also having rendering issues since installing 8.4 on both my Avid systems.  Mark in and out on the timeline and then render and some effects remain unrendered.  Then select that unrendered effect to render individually and it goes through the render process but still shows as unrendered.  Also with nested video layers with effects - just rendering the nested effect isn't always working.  Again it goes through the render process but still shows as unrendered.  Step into the nested video and render each layer individually, step out and then it shows as rendered.

Avid 1 - Lenovo D30 & Nitris DX, Win 10 Pro, MC 8.9, Asus GeForce GTX 1050Ti, 32gig ram, Proavio EB800MS 16TB array & LSI MegaRaid HBA :: Avid... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 17 2015 1:10 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,284
    • Points 219,195
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Case # 02758935

Hey Nathan - I created a case for this - Thanks Joachim for reproducing this.

I used Joachim as the contact and added your email to the list Nathan so you both get updated.  this way we are sure we get the update from support in the forum.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Jul 17 2015 1:59 PM In reply to

I saw something simillar going back to version 7

If you render an audio transition between two clips and then later add some volume keyframes to one side, the transition effect does not become unrendered. The audio over the transition will play the original rendered media until the end of the transition and then a sudden change to the new keyframe level.

Re-rendering does nothing to change it. If you clear renders (IN-OUT) the sound will playback as expected but you cannot re-render the effect. That is unless you change the transition slightly and then it can be re-rendered.

MC 8.8.2 OSX 10.12.3 Quicktime 7.6.6 Nitris DX [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 17 2015 8:27 PM In reply to

• Gretski
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 177
    • Points 2,375

probably a red herring but the  "non renders" also occur when rendering effects created in an interlaced project and then trying to render the seq in a progressive project.

Asus X299, i7 7820, Nvidia 2000M 32GB ram, NVME SSD 8.9.1 ( yes its very fast!) [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 26 2016 6:52 PM In reply to

• milomix24
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 1 2007
    • San Rafael, CA
    • Posts 31
    • Points 325

I'm having the same render issue with v8.5.2. Five layers of video with a rendered top layer. I replaced video on V1 and the top layer does not un-render.

BTW, where is the best place to post suspected bugs? I'm finding some others since upgrading to v8.5.2.

Thanks!

-Chris

Mac Pro/Quad Core/2.66/OS 10.11.4/MC with Symphony v8.5.2 /OWC/8Gigs RAM/8TB RAID [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Mon, May 30 2016 12:42 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,572
    • Points 45,875
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

milomix24:
    BTW, where is the best place to post suspected bugs? I'm finding some others since upgrading to v8.5.2.
    If you have a support contract, then call support. If not, report them here. If it's something reproducible by multiple users then a moderator can escalate it up to support for you.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 32Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller