Latest post Mon, Jul 13 2015 7:02 PM by camoscato. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 13 2015 6:53 PM

AMA Stuttering Playback

We have AMA clips playing back very stuttery, dropping frames like crazy.

The external 7200rpm drive is connected via SATA, so I don't think it's the connection.

We had great palyback previously.

Would this be caused by the NVIDIA Quadro 2000 graphics card, or the Kona I/O,

which has given us issues in the past?  Not sure of that Kona has anything to do

with desktop playback.

This is an HP Z400 w/12GB RAM, Windows 7 Pro.

MC is version 6.0.5, files are 720p 59.94 DNXHD 145.

Help, please...

Is this one of the cards or perhaps something else...?

• Mon, Jul 13 2015 7:02 PM In reply to

Re: AMA Stuttering Playback

Are there any little colored lines in the timecode track where the stuttering/dropped frames are?  Yellow means the system isn't fast enough, and blue means the drives aren't fast enough or aren't getting the information to the system fast enough.  Red means dropped frames, whatever the reason.

Media Composer 8.9.3 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT 740M [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller