Latest post Wed, Oct 26 2005 3:55 PM by Todd Sanderson. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 26 2005 1:32 PM

• Bokes
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 219
    • Points 3,205

Best File export option?

I have tried just about everything and it ranges from worse (AVI) to O.K. (QT)

What is the best export file to use and it's setting?

The client wants high quality files he can use and show off his laptop.

runtime is about 5 minutes.

Thanks.

• Wed, Oct 26 2005 3:28 PM In reply to

Re: Best File export option?

There's no one answer -- it all depends on the power of the machine that is playing back the files.  In general, laptops and their hardrives are slower than desktop models, so if you want smooth playback of the movies, you will need to make other adjustments.

I would recommend using a 320 x 240 QuickTime movie with Sorenson 3 compression.  We use Cleaner for these files, an create great looking small QT movies about 16 MB/min.  If you don't have access to Cleaner, try it out of the Avid and see what it gets you. 

But Sorenson is the way to go, IMHO.

Symphony v2019 | OS 10.13.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Wed, Oct 26 2005 3:55 PM In reply to

Re: Best File export option?

A few other good options, using Cleaner, are mpeg or wmv files.  Both formats produce very nice image quality and are almost universally playable on both Mac and Windows based machines.
    Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K, 12-Core MacPro, 64 GB RAM, 24 TB Thunderbolt Storage [view my complete system specs]

Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth. Motion Inc

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller