Latest post Mon, Mar 9 2015 7:42 PM by Michael Amundson. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 1 2015 9:20 PM

• asveprod56
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 17 2011
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

AMA Linking fails after upgrade from 6.0 to 8.3 - Avid Media Services not working

AMA Linking fails after upgrade from 6.0 to 8.3 - Avid Media Service not working.

I get during start up of Avid Media Composer 8.3 following messages:

1. The Media Composer Broker was unable to make a connection.

Please check your Media Services Settings.

2. A Connection to the Media Services Broker could not be created.

3. Avid Services Editors ar enot running.

Please start Services from the Avid Editor Services Manager.

I can restart Avid Services Manager via Windows Task Manager manually, but it turns off after a few seconds again. Same with Avid DMF Services. I have deleted & reinstalled AMC 8.3 several times. Nothing helps. By deleting AMA File Plug Ins in the AVX Folder manually (because some old Plug Ins could be the reason) did also not help and reinstalling AMA Plug IN s also doesnt work.

It says that the latest AMA Plug Ins for Canon XF Files are not compatible with this version of Avid Media Composer and I heard it is already included in the Software, so no need to install plug in separetely. Every time I ry to link new AMA Media it says Avid Media Services MAnager is not working. A tip was from someone to write "amamanager off"  Enter into the console window, but that also doesnt work. I had upgraded the Canon XF105 Firmware recently, dont know if that could be a problem too?

I use a HP Workstation Z400 with Windows 7 Support Pack 1 with 8 GB RAM and a Black Magic Deck Link Studio 4K Card. Appreciate any help on that issue.

Andy Svensson

• Mon, Feb 2 2015 10:22 AM In reply to

Re: AMA Linking fails after upgrade from 6.0 to 8.3 - Avid Media Services not working

I don't have an answer to the issue, but I can say that the XF plugin is NOT installed automatically with the software.  It does need to be installed separately.  Some plugins are installed with the software, but Canon XF is not one of them.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 2 2015 7:38 PM In reply to

• asafRL
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Nov 25 2013
    • Posts 10
    • Points 150

Re: AMA Linking fails after upgrade from 6.0 to 8.3 - Avid Media Services not working

Give that a go - install it manually - and if you still have an issue - post back or email me.

Marianna

• Mon, Feb 2 2015 8:22 PM In reply to

• asveprod56
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 17 2011
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

With AMC 6.0 it was so and worked fine, since AMC 8.0 (or even 7.0 I heard) people have problems with Canon XF Files. When trying to install Canon XF plug in, installation breaks down, saying it is not compatible with this MAC Version, same as with the Avid Plug in 2.02. 

• Mon, Mar 9 2015 6:15 PM In reply to

I am having a similiar issue.  Nothing AMA's at all.  No clues in the console.  Reinstalled 8.3, reinstalled AMA, nada.

Interesting note, I AMA'd an .mxf on my laptop in 7.0.4.1, moved the drive to the 8.3 system and opened a copy of the bin and the clip was linked Via AMA in 8.3.

I've tried creating profiles in the AMA profile editor.  The Background Queue acts like it worked but no files appear in bins.

Suggestions?

Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Mar 9 2015 7:42 PM In reply to

Permissions!  My problem already solved here:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/125524.aspx?PageIndex=2

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller