Latest post Thu, Oct 12 2017 6:53 PM by Lukas Boeck. 120 replies.
Page 8 of 9 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Oct 6 2015 4:58 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York
    • Posts 664
    • Points 7,820

Re: SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT AGAIN

Today is October 6, 2015. The time: 12:52 EST.

Had to rebuild a user's Mac Pro. The specs:

• 2013 Mac Pro
    • 1 x 6-Core 3.5 GHz Xeon
    • 64 GB of RAM
    • Dual AMD FirePro D500's with 3 GB of VRAM
    • Matrox mxo2mini with version 4.5.1
    • OS X 10.10.2 

Brought back user accounts with migration assistant. Uninstalled then reinstalled MC 8.3.1 and Matrox software. Sent the user on his way.

SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT started happened again. Remembered I forgot to remove OpenIO_VirtIO.acf. Sure enough, it was there. Removed. No more SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT's.

Really, Avid?! I know software development is hard, but really? You can't replicate this? And no, I'm not going to 8.4 because it seems like a nightmare and we're in the middle of a project.

ijterronez.com | Demo ReelTwitter | Instagram | Vimeo

NY-based. Available for editing and post-production workflow consultation - https://www.ijterronez.com/contact/

• Wed, Jan 6 2016 11:41 AM In reply to

• benholden
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 13 2015
    • London, UK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 425

Hi all, sorry if this 'post' is now the wrong one to use. I have been keeping tabs on it and haven't noticed any new posts.

I have experienced the 'SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT' time and time again. I have gone through the whole 8 pages of info that you guys have worked out and (in most cases) seem to have solved the issue.

My question is, I only seem to experience SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT when i have the caps lock button on the keyboard selected which turns on audio scrubbing in the timeline (hope that is the correct terminology) and was wondering if the fix that has been mentioned (to delete the 1 or 2 files) is releated and fixes the issuse of SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT?

I can re-produce this pretty much everytime, daily, and any Avid project (new or old).

Avid 8.9.1 / Mojo DX / Mac Pro 6.1 late 2013 / MacOS 10.12.6 / 16 GB Memory / AMD FirePro D500 / 3GHz 8 Core Intel Xeon E5 / LG 34UC98 Ultra Wide Display... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 6 2016 11:58 AM In reply to

Go to Applications \ Avid Media Composer \ and then right click on the app AvidMediaComposer and select "Show Package Contents." 
    Then go into SharedSupport \ AVX2_Plug-ins \ and remove the file OpenIO_VirtIO.acf 

hi,

So did you remove the OpenIO_VirtIO.acf file? and you still have the crash with cap locks?

I turned off auto scrub option I believe in settings ass well.good luck.

Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Avid MC Vers v8.6.5 with MX02 4.6.0 (Firmware 15) Mac Pro 2.66GHz 12 Core 12GB / 1TB Solid State Drive w/ 48 GB of added ram... [view my complete system specs]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.." Alice in Wonderland. feelm

• Wed, Jan 6 2016 12:36 PM In reply to

• benholden
    • Not Ranked
    • London, UK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 425

Hi Tracey,

Sorry, probably should have explained that better. I havent removed the files, i was wondering as the caps lock is the only thing that causes my SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT, if removing the files and caps lock are related and/or fix the issue (if anyone has experinced this?).

I don't think i read in any of the posts/replys that caps lock (one meaningful keyboard button) is a cause (for me) of this annoying issue!!

Avid 8.9.1 / Mojo DX / Mac Pro 6.1 late 2013 / MacOS 10.12.6 / 16 GB Memory / AMD FirePro D500 / 3GHz 8 Core Intel Xeon E5 / LG 34UC98 Ultra Wide Display... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jan 6 2016 12:50 PM In reply to

Hi,

i suggest trying to remove the file see if it fixes the issue.

drag it onto your desktop and restart. You can always put the file back.

but I don't think the file is needed.. It's worth a try.

tracy

Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Avid MC Vers v8.6.5 with MX02 4.6.0 (Firmware 15) Mac Pro 2.66GHz 12 Core 12GB / 1TB Solid State Drive w/ 48 GB of added ram... [view my complete system specs]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.." Alice in Wonderland. feelm

• Wed, Jan 6 2016 2:01 PM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,623
    • Points 18,590

Its unlikely to be the problem as Ben is not using any third party hardware, which I believe is the only time that file comes into play. Still it doesn't hurt to try..

Ben - just double checking - you don't have any third party controllers, IO boxes etc connected to your system? In particular any specialty audio cards?

In any case the next time you get the error please check the console and report back with any detailed message. 

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Wed, Jan 6 2016 2:24 PM In reply to

• benholden
    • Not Ranked
    • London, UK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 425

Hi Mondo,

Correct, i don't have any third party hardware/controllers/IO boxes (just an Avid Mojo DX). I do use third party hardware etc but non attached and used within Avid/OS X.

I will add though that i have BMD desktop video installed (v10.3.4) but don't use anything associated with it (all settings are greyed out for example). This i believe is installed due to using BMD HyperDeck Shuttle/Studio Pro and BMD cameras, and they have apps for updating software/settings.

I will try delating the file(s) and see if i still experience SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT.

Just out of interest, with the release of MC 8.4.5, there is a bug fix: BMD-104. Occasionally, Media Composer would hang when performing an audio scrub. I wonder if installing MC 8.4.5 may help? Or is this only related when using Artist DNxIO etc? 

• Wed, Jan 6 2016 4:49 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 8,718
    • Points 113,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Ben

Desktop Video 10.5.4 is for use with MC 8.4.5 and does resolve the issue you mentioned.  You should try that combo and see if your results improve but we wont try it here in Avid as the 10.5.4 is suppose to be strictly for DNxIO

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Jan 6 2016 5:03 PM In reply to

• benholden
    • Not Ranked
    • London, UK
    • Posts 35
    • Points 425

Hi Marianna,

Even though no 3rd party hardware/IO or even BMD products are utilising BMD Desktop Video, just having it installed may in someway course any sort of issue? (all setting are greyed out).

I will try both options to see if the caps lock issue still results in SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT

• Wed, Jan 6 2016 10:42 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York
    • Posts 664
    • Points 7,820

@benholden:

Hey Ben! I orginally worked with Tracy on this issue. For starters, here's what I would do:

1. If you're not using BMD products, uninstall the BMD Desktop Video.

2. If I were you, I'd install Media Composer 8.4.4. Huge bugfix release. 8.4.5 mainly benefits Artist DNXIO users.

3. Like Tracy said, remove OpenIO_VirtIO.acf from the Media Composer app bundle. Step-by-step directions can be found here:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/135998.aspx

To be safe, you can copy it to your Desktop and keep it around for awhile. Hold the Option key while dragging, otherwise Finder will make an alias.

After that, try this to improve audio scrubbing.

In Media Composer, go to your Project window, then:

1. Settings -> Timeline -> Enable Fast Scrub (checked)

2. Settings -> Audio ->

(Note: write down previous values for both before changing. Default is probably 4096.)

a. Play Buffer Size in Samples -> 1024

b. Tool Buffer Size in Samples -> 1024

Quit, relaunch Media Composer, then test audio scrub. If it improved, great.

If not, go back to your Project window, and:

1. Settings -> Timeline -> Enable Fast Scrub (unchecked)

2. Settings -> Audio ->

a. Play Buffer Size in Samples -> (Back to default values.)

b. Tool Buffer Size in Samples -> (Back to default values.)

Quit, relaunch, and test again.

If still no improvement, like Mondo said, open Console ([Cmd] + 6), and copy and paste what it's reporting.

Report back.

ijterronez.com | Demo ReelTwitter | Instagram | Vimeo

NY-based. Available for editing and post-production workflow consultation - https://www.ijterronez.com/contact/

• Thu, Feb 11 2016 8:18 PM In reply to

Seeing this same issue on several macs in our Facility, including 2010 Mac Pro tower, 2012 Mac Pro tower, 2012 i7 mac mini (all on the approved list for 7.0).  All running Avid 7.0.5.   All connected to our Facilis shared storage.

All systems are playing back DNxHD 36 multigroups with 2-3 cameras.  Error happens in various projects, timelines, group clips, etc. 

I've tried everything mentioned here.  I've also deleted system settings (mcstate, etc), user settings, and projects settings.  I have even gone so far as rebuilding a mac mini system from the ground up (new OS, new Avid install) with no improvement.  No BMD drivers installed, etc.

Here is a copy paste from console

Exception caught in APlayer::Play - Exception: StreamingPlayConsumer::ExecutePass TIMEOUT

Exception:

@ Wed Feb 10 17:23:51 2016

• Exception: StreamingPlayConsumer::ExecutePass TIMEOUT

All I can say is HELP!

40 Avids - 6.5.4 on various macs in a Unity environment. Running 4 Facilis servers in 2 office locations with Ethernet and Fiberchannel clients. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Mar 3 2016 10:28 PM In reply to

UPDATE

Turning off the WiFi on the client computer resolved this issue.  

40 Avids - 6.5.4 on various macs in a Unity environment. Running 4 Facilis servers in 2 office locations with Ethernet and Fiberchannel clients. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 4 2016 3:59 PM In reply to

Really??

I cant even begin to imagine why that would be..!

How bizarre! But glad it worked. So No more Executive  Time out at all after that?

Thanks for updating us  :)

Tracy x

• Tue, Jul 26 2016 4:38 PM In reply to

• Bas Icke
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 24 2010
    • Amsterdam
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Wow. had this problem last week, dleted the file and no problems at all! No crashes whole day : )

• Mon, Dec 5 2016 6:06 PM In reply to

• Surfdog
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 8 2016
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Just throwing in my experience here - 

Working on Avid 8.5.3 on new iMacs and Mac Pros all running OSX 10.11.6 El Capitan.  Projects are 90% Canon C300 mark I material at 1920x1080 50Mbps, everythng shot at 29.97 drop.  We're working off disparate drives (no server) and have seen "SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT" a number of times with specific camera card volumes. 

Generally our workflow is to link and consolidate (re-wrap) the C300 mateiral, creating Avid media but leaving the codec as Canon XF - which has saved us 10's of TB of space, and countless hours of transcode time on a quick turn TV program.  

Through troubleshooting, we've noticed it's not been consistently related to a specific camera, CF card, or firmware version on the C300.  Our only solution for the media until now has been to transcode the clips to DNx145 QT's in Resolve, then link/consolidate in Avid.  (Avid was not able to transcode the troubled clips itself without error messages)  

After none of the actions in this chain made a difference, we updated Avid to 8.6.5 and somehow all footage plays back just fine.  What I did discover is that some of the troubled clips have video hits - which I assume throws a wrench into playing back XDCAM (Canon XF) footage with motion prediction.  

What I can figure is that there may have been a conflict between the GPU or Apple software version and the motion prediction capabilities of MC 8.5.3, and once updated, it resolved the conflict.  Turns out it was not the drive, cable, throghput or anything else.  

Page 8 of 9 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller