Latest post Thu, Oct 12 2017 6:53 PM by Lukas Boeck. 120 replies.
Page 7 of 9 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 16 2015 8:31 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,245

Re: SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT AGAIN

Isaquit0:

mjolnarn:

Yosemite 10.10.2 - MC 8.3 with Symp options noticed that I´m still on an older version of the Matrox 4.5 drivers so number 0002 ( and not 0015 )

DNx 185x 1080 25p from a Hyperdeck Shuttle mounted in a Usb2 cabinett , was switching between cams and " true " live and the Matrox play out and delayed live , all streamed out through a Matrox Monarch.

Glad it's working for you. I'm baffled how that works with a Hyperdeck Shuttle. I know you're writing to an SSD, but USB2?? How does it keep up?

Only USB2 available on the MBP, appr 30 mbps , DNx 185 is about 23 mbps and when using only one video layer that seems to be enough as rt playout works , the MBP handles the unrendered CC playout well and also some scaling if that should be needed

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 9:23 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York
    • Posts 664
    • Points 7,820

Isaquit0:

I just don't get why it's happening. And it keeps happening:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/132497.aspx

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/132480.aspx

And that's the thing to keep in focus - it keeps happening,

Since SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT is really generic, the other thing to focus on is: what's the real cause of the problem?

For example, 7.0.4.1 would've resolved Tracy's "SFPlayConsumer..." error from a couple years ago because the error was this:

VDM3BoBVideoOut::PreSync(): Error in BoB device StartIO() - http://community.avid.com/forums/t/120893.aspx

From 7.0.4.1's README:

Bug Number: UDevC00184777. (Macintosh) You might have received “VDM3BobVideoOut::Presync0: Error is BOB device” errors when scrubbing in the Timeline.

But this time "SFPlayConsumer..." stems from another error:

VDM3BOBVideoOut::Cleanup() - BOB has not displayed frame after 2000 ms! (enabled = true)

That's affected MC users off and on since MC 6:

https://www.google.com/search?q=bob+has+not+displayed+frame+after+2000+ms+site:community.avid.com&sa=X&ei=UlXiVNzZBLWTsQTfwoKQDw&ved=0CDcQrQIoAjAC&biw=1304&bih=833#safe=active&rls=en&q=vdm3bobvideoout:cleanup+site:community.avid.com

Disabling Fast Scrub or a BOB driver update would resolve it in the past. Now it seems removing OpenIO_VirtIO.acf is the solution for many:

https://www.google.com/search?q=OpenIO_VirtIO.acf&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#safe=active&rls=en&q=OpenIO_VirtIO

A known issue since May 2014, and still on Engineering's buglist:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/Hangs-entering-trim-mode-with-3rd-party-Open-IO-hardware

So in the end, my questions are:

1. Why does someone with qualified hardware, a qualified OS, and the right BOB driver experience this until they pull OpenIO_VirtIO.acf?

2. Since OpenIO_VirtIO.acf isn't required for MC to function, and removing it improves sustained functionality, what is its purpose?

ijterronez.com | Demo ReelTwitter | Instagram | Vimeo

NY-based. Available for editing and post-production workflow consultation - https://www.ijterronez.com/contact/

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 9:50 PM In reply to

Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Avid MC Vers v8.6.5 with MX02 4.6.0 (Firmware 15) Mac Pro 2.66GHz 12 Core 12GB / 1TB Solid State Drive w/ 48 GB of added ram... [view my complete system specs]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.." Alice in Wonderland. feelm

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 9:56 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • New York
    • Posts 664
    • Points 7,820

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 9:58 PM In reply to

quote user="Isaquit0"

"I've never seen a DX install option either.

I dug through 7.0.3 and 7.0.4.2's installer packages. 7.0.3? No OpenIO_VirtIO.acf. 7.0.4.2? Here it is! So from 7.0.4.2 on, it's bundled inside Media Composer by default. It's not on the checkbox list when you customize your install."

And thats when my system started behaving so badly.. as soon as I upgraded to 7.0.4.2!  Its been misery since then.

AND I have never had a choice to NOT install something if its in package contents...

Yes so why it it in there? And why wasnt it fixed in a later patch or V8? 

I feel sorry for Matrox as everyone assumed it was something in their installer package causing the problems. 

Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Avid MC Vers v8.6.5 with MX02 4.6.0 (Firmware 15) Mac Pro 2.66GHz 12 Core 12GB / 1TB Solid State Drive w/ 48 GB of added ram... [view my complete system specs]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.." Alice in Wonderland. feelm

• Tue, Mar 3 2015 11:05 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • New York
    • Posts 664
    • Points 7,820

Update: just rolled out two more MC 8.3 upgrades on Yosemite 10.10.2. Both have Mid 2010 Mac Pro's. One has a Matrox mxo2mini (Driver 4.5.0.0015), the other an AJA Io Express. Initially, I left OpenIO_VirtIO.acf in place. Here's what happened.

I warned the Matrox user he might see "SFPlayConsumer...". Within a half hour, it happened. I removed OpenIO_VirtIO.acf. No more "SFPlayConsumer...".

I then warned the AJA user. Again, in a short time, it happened. Removed OpenIO_VirtIO.acf. It still happened, but only when switching between After Effects CS 6 and MC.

We have a spare mxo2mini, so we decided to swap it out. With OpenIO_VirtIO.acf removed, no more "SFPlayConsumer...", and no lagginess. Switching between MC 8.3 and AE is buttery smooth.

Sidebar if you're an AJA user, and you want external video out from both MC 8.3 and After Effects CS 6, here's the driver combo:

1. AJA Io Express Hardware Driver v10.6.1 - Mac

2. AJA Mac Open I/O Plug-in v10.6.1 for use with Avid Media Composer, Symphony and ProTools

3. AJA Plug-Ins for Adobe Creative Cloud - Mac v10.5 (Last version of Adobe plug-in that works with CS 6, confirmed with AJA)

Going from MC to AE then back to MC is a bit laggy, but usable. Particularly when trying to scrub after coming back from AE.

Again, if you can use Media Composer without OpenIO_VirtIO.acf, why is it there?

NY-based. Available for editing and post-production workflow consultation - https://www.ijterronez.com/contact/

• Wed, Mar 4 2015 12:32 AM In reply to

I dont think we are going to get an answer...

But it would be nice if I knew why my Avid was a nightmare to use for over a year.

• Thu, Jun 4 2015 10:35 AM In reply to

Dear all,

also just wanted to add my experience , same thing after upgrading a macpro (tower) with mavericks 10.9.5 and matrox mxo2mini to MC 7.0.4.3. Periodic beachball, hangs, timeout... Removed the openio_virtio.acf file, disabled fast scrub -> after that the system was working perfectly fine. No more hangs. The cutter was happy.

Heard about some colleagues that switched from matrox to blackmagic devices because of problems after going for MC 7, I think they faced the same problems and lost nerves about it... or didn´t find that post here.

Well, thank you all very much for the great tips and the help, it´s always a pleasure visiting this forum! :-)

Best,

Felix

• Thu, Jun 25 2015 6:45 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • New York
    • Posts 664
    • Points 7,820

Longhairman:

also just wanted to add my experience , same thing after upgrading a macpro (tower) with mavericks 10.9.5 and matrox mxo2mini to MC 7.0.4.3. Periodic beachball, hangs, timeout... Removed the openio_virtio.acf file, disabled fast scrub -> after that the system was working perfectly fine. No more hangs. The cutter was happy.

Rolled out another MC 8.3 upgrade today on a Mid-2010 Mac Pro. SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT again.

Removed OpenIO_VirtIO.acf and it goes away.

I'm not trolling. Honest.

• Thu, Jul 9 2015 7:58 PM In reply to

• rmatulka
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 9 2015
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

Hello,

I tried to resolve my problems with blackmagic card (decklink extreme 3D and decklink studio) and removed "OpenIO_VirtIO.acf" from my Avid Media Composer 8.4 on PC  (Windows: C:\Program Files\Avid\AVX2_Plug-ins\OpenIO_VirtIO.acf). I can't run application without this file and a window "Please wait while Windows configure Avid Media Composer" pop-up restoring removed file. 

Has anybody tried to delete "OpenIO_VirtIO.acf" on PC platform and MC 8.4?

• Tue, Sep 8 2015 1:18 AM In reply to

• angelacatz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 25 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Tracy Granger :

Another suggestion someone had:

After installing Avid
    Remove the file "OpenIO_VirtIO.acf" 
    Go to Applications \ Avid Media Composer \ and then right click on the app AvidMediaComposer and select "Show Package Contents." 
    Then go into SharedSupport \ AVX2_Plug-ins \ and remove the file OpenIO_VirtIO.acf 

Is this worth trying???

Thank you to everyone on this forum for taking the time to offer solutions to the SFPlayConsumer:: Execute TIMEOUT error. I have been struggling with this running Yosemite OS 10.10.5 / Media Composer 8.4.1 / Matrox MXO2 Mini with
    Max (current firmware and drivers). The spinning balls and random lags were KILLING me as deadlines were looming. 

Removing the "OpenIO_VirtIO.acf" is the miracle I needed. Just want to point out the file will not show up in search results, it seems you do have to navigate to it using the path suggested.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Smile

• Wed, Sep 9 2015 8:14 PM In reply to

You are very welcome!

i was plagued by that for almost a year!

so its still in Package Contents in the new MC version?

thats slightly worrying..:)

• Wed, Sep 9 2015 8:54 PM In reply to

• angelacatz
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 25 2015
    • Posts 2
    • Points 40

Yes, it was in the same folder you noted, and I am running MC version 8.4!

• Thu, Sep 10 2015 7:07 AM In reply to

• Mondo
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 1,623
    • Points 18,580

It's probably still needed for some third party IO's

HP Z820 16GB RAM Winx64Pro SP1/Xeon 2620 x 2/Quadro 4000 NitrisDX, Fiber client Unity client 5.3 Build 15440, 4 bay SSD dock (Addonics) Custom build: Asus... [view my complete system specs]

John

Can we go back to the way audio nodes used to be selected? Please? ie if you have audio nodes at the same time on selected tracks; then selecting 1 audio node selects them all at that time. Having to shift select nodes or add an in and out is time consuming and counter productive. At least make it an option.

• Mon, Sep 28 2015 8:19 PM In reply to

BUT NOW THAT IVE UPDATED MY SOFTWARE... ITS BACK same error message..

A bit of a mare..:)

Page 7 of 9 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller