Latest post Thu, Oct 12 2017 6:53 PM by Lukas Boeck. 120 replies.
Page 6 of 9 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 13 2015 11:36 AM In reply to

Re: SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT AGAIN

Hey Jim,

Yes that sounds promising. See what happens if you lose the file.

What are your console file results saying when you had the error? Were they similar to mine with the BOB ERROR? my console had it repeated 50 times.. I guess it was that dreaded hang

Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Avid MC Vers v8.6.5 with MX02 4.6.0 (Firmware 15) Mac Pro 2.66GHz 12 Core 12GB / 1TB Solid State Drive w/ 48 GB of added ram... [view my complete system specs]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.." Alice in Wonderland. feelm

• Fri, Feb 13 2015 1:50 PM In reply to

Hi Tracy:

I pulled the file last night and cut for about 3 hours without a single TIMEOUT ERROR!  I didn't notice any performance slowdowns as a result – as a matter of fact, the whole session felt snappier than usual – guess I'd gotten so used to waiting for the periodic spinning beachball, I'd forgotten what it's like to edit uninterrupted for a stretch!

Thank you so much for the tip.  I admit, I was skeptical...and I don't like messing around with package contents software – but this seems to have solved the issue.  I do still hope, as Mondo pointed out, that a full and proper fix from the vendor(s) will be forthcoming.  This issue has been around far too long.

Many thanks for your dilligence Tracy.  Happy editing to you!

Best, JIM. 

MC 8.8.5 Sierra 10.12.5 Westmere Octo 3.46 Mhz 48 GB RAM EVGA GTX 970 FTW GPU SATA RAID array AJA LHi [view my complete system specs]

JAMES BLOKLAND

• Fri, Feb 13 2015 2:04 PM In reply to

OMG! That is great!

Ive actually helped someone else on The FORUM! Yay! That feels good.

Isnt it crazy? Sort of pissed me off to be honest, after I found it was such a simply fix.. and ive been siffering with this in front of directors for well over a year. And I didnt have to go through that! You didnt have to go thru that either.

I hope Avid is looking into this.. I really do.

Thanks for letting me know :) Made my day. Tracy x

Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite Avid MC Vers v8.6.5 with MX02 4.6.0 (Firmware 15) Mac Pro 2.66GHz 12 Core 12GB / 1TB Solid State Drive w/ 48 GB of added ram... [view my complete system specs]

"If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.." Alice in Wonderland. feelm

• Sat, Feb 14 2015 4:47 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jan 9 2006
    • New York
    • Posts 664
    • Points 7,820

That's great this is working. Talk about obscure.

Let's go back to this idea: http://community.avid.com/forums/p/132249/755426.aspx#755426. Are two instances of the Matrox hardware being reported, and is it that part of the problem?

Three of my edit suites have BOB's. Two of these are Matrox mxo2mini's. Here's a breakout:

Edit 1:

MC 7.0.3.2815
    Matrox driver 4.2.0.0016 
    OS X - 10.9.2

Edit 2:

MC 6.0.6.2925
    Matrox driver 3.3.0.0067
    OS X - 10.8.4

Notice MC's Console output:

Edit 1:

Open I/O discovered 1 plug-in and will enumerate it for HWInstances:

Plugin #0 ( Name: Matrox AVID IO, Version: 2.0 )

Instance #0: Matrox Matrox MXO2 Mini TAA75066, ID#1

Instance #1: Matrox Matrox MXO2 Mini TAA75066, ID#0

Open I/O Selected the Matrox, ID# 1.

(Deleted stuff)

aviddeviceinfo

_________Avid Device Info_________

Hardware Type: Open I/O [ Matrox Matrox MXO2 Mini TAA75066 ]

Plug-in version: 0.0

Edit 2:

Plugin #0 ( Name: Matrox AVID IO, Version: 2.0 )

Instance #0: Matrox Matrox MXO2 Mini TAB21866, ID#1

Instance #1: Matrox Matrox MXO2 Mini TAB21866, ID#0

Open I/O Selected the Matrox, ID# 1.

(Deleted stuff)

aviddeviceinfo

Hardware Type: Open I/O [ Matrox Matrox MXO2 Mini TAB21866 ]

Neither of these have OpenIO_VirtIO.acf inside the Media Composer app package. Neither of these have SFPlayConsumer::Execute TIMEOUT errors.

I mentioned a third suite. It has an AJA IoExpress BOB attached.

Edit 3:

MC 7.0.4.3735
    AJA OpenIO Driver: 10.4.9
    OS X - 10.9.2

Here's its Console output:

Plugin #0 ( Name: OpenIO_AJA, Version: 2.5 )

Instance #0: AJA - IoExpress IoExpress, ID#0

Open I/O Selected the AJA - IoExpress, ID# 0.

(Deleted stuff)

aviddeviceinfo

Hardware Type: Open I/O [ AJA - IoExpress IoExpress ]

AJA Driver version: 

AJA Firmware version: 26

Interestingly, it doesn't report two hardware instances. Also, Edit 3 doesn't have OpenIO_VirtIO.acf inside MC. If After Effects is used with External Monitor Plug-in, he reports the occasional "SFPlayer..." error when switching back and forth. That was also while trying to play something in MC AND render in AE with CAPS LOCK off, thus outputting to the BOB from AE's EMP. In this context, "SFPlayer..." makes sense:

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/faq/en422991 (See bullet points 1 & 2.)

So OpenIO_VirtIO.acf appears to be the problem.

What's the deal? Why is it in some MC 7 / 8 packages, and not in others? Was it a stub interface for users without BOB's? Are third-party BOB driver installers supposed to detect that and delete it? Do BOB devs have open communication with Avid?

ijterronez.com | Demo ReelTwitter | Instagram | Vimeo

NY-based. Available for editing and post-production workflow consultation - https://www.ijterronez.com/contact/

• Sun, Feb 15 2015 11:55 AM In reply to

So this OpenIO_VirtIO.acf file ts not in all MCv& or MCv8 software installs?

That is wierd!

Would someone from Avid care to illuminate?

I feel we deserve to know after all this! Thanks.. Tracy

• Sun, Feb 15 2015 6:24 PM In reply to

Tracy Granger ACE:

So this OpenIO_VirtIO.acf file ts not in all MCv& or MCv8 software installs?

That is wierd!

Could it have anything to do with whether you choose the install Avid DX hardware option or not during your MC install?

• Sun, Feb 15 2015 9:06 PM In reply to

I have never had the AVID DX Option.

• Sun, Feb 15 2015 9:41 PM In reply to

Just wondering if that could account for difference in whether OpenIO_VirtIO.acf install or not.
    FWIW By default I have always let Avid install it despite not running DX hardware. Recently I saw some strange issues on a Mac here immediately after not installing it so uninstalled and re-installed MC choosing to let it install the DX option.   (BM card installed on the Mac and never had a Matrox installed) 

• Sun, Feb 15 2015 10:45 PM In reply to

I didnt know there was an option .. so Avid wouldnt install it.

???

Is it in the software or isnt it? I am confused....

• Sun, Feb 15 2015 11:25 PM In reply to

Three quarters of the way through an MC install there is a dialog box to let you install the DX option or not.
    It may be a complete red herring but to my way of thinking if there are diffences in installs and IO problems then "optional" installs of Avid's IO could be worth looking at.

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 5:45 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • New York
    • Posts 664
    • Points 7,820

AndrewAction:

FWIW By default I have always let Avid install it despite not running DX hardware. Recently I saw some strange issues on a Mac here immediately after not installing it so uninstalled and re-installed MC choosing to let it install the DX option.   (BM card installed on the Mac and never had a Matrox installed) 

I've never seen a DX install option either.

I dug through 7.0.3 and 7.0.4.2's installer packages. 7.0.3? No OpenIO_VirtIO.acf. 7.0.4.2? Here it is! So from 7.0.4.2 on, it's bundled inside Media Composer by default. It's not on the checkbox list when you customize your install.

I also dug through Matrox's installer package. They only install their Open IO ACF, nothing more.

If OpenIO_VirtIO.acf is here to stay, what is it? Are third-party BOB dev's supposed develop drivers that harmonize with it? If it's not needed, and it impedes performance, why is it part of MC?

NY-based. Available for editing and post-production workflow consultation - https://www.ijterronez.com/contact/

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 5:59 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,265

Isaquit0:

If it's not needed, and it impedes performance, why is it part of MC?

I streamed right out of a Matrox Mini for 5 hours this saturday evening without a glitch, it was a direct live stream with some cc and other edits applied, all unrendered , so performance on an untouched system with my old MBP is rather good here

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 7:08 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • New York
    • Posts 664
    • Points 7,820

mjolnarn:

Isaquit0:

Just so we're on the same page: the "it" I'm referring to is OpenIO_VirtIO.acf.

mjolnarn:

I streamed right out of a Matrox Mini for 5 hours this saturday evening without a glitch, it was a direct live stream with some cc and other edits applied, all unrendered , so performance on an untouched system with my old MBP is rather good here

What version of Media Composer are you using on your Macbook? Is it 7.0.3 or older?

What version of Matrox driver are you using?

What kind of a storage is connected (e.g. eSATA, USB 3, Thunderbolt?), what kind of media were you playing (e.g. DNxHD 220, 145, 100...), and what was your playback resolution?

I know it's not your first rodeo. I just don't get why it's happening. And it keeps happening:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/132497.aspx

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/132480.aspx

Also, I want to upgrade our shop to MC 8. As I've mentioned, 7.0.3 plus Matrox driver 4.2.0... is the most stable environment we've seen since 5.5.3. For now, I'd rather keep my guys in MC 7 than risk lost time tracking bugs.

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 7:26 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,344
    • Points 159,265

Isaquit0:

mjolnarn:

Isaquit0:

Just so we're on the same page: the "it" I'm referring to is OpenIO_VirtIO.acf.

Yes, I´ve noticed that some people are trashing it, I´m not

Yosemite 10.10.2 - MC 8.3 with Symp options noticed that I´m still on an older version of the Matrox 4.5 drivers so number 0002 ( and not 0015 )

DNx 185x 1080 25p from a Hyperdeck Shuttle mounted in a Usb2 cabinett , was switching between cams and " true " live and the Matrox play out and delayed live , all streamed out through a Matrox Monarch.

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Mon, Feb 16 2015 8:26 PM In reply to

• Isaac T.
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • New York
    • Posts 664
    • Points 7,820

mjolnarn:

Yosemite 10.10.2 - MC 8.3 with Symp options noticed that I´m still on an older version of the Matrox 4.5 drivers so number 0002 ( and not 0015 )

DNx 185x 1080 25p from a Hyperdeck Shuttle mounted in a Usb2 cabinett , was switching between cams and " true " live and the Matrox play out and delayed live , all streamed out through a Matrox Monarch.

Glad it's working for you. I'm baffled how that works with a Hyperdeck Shuttle. I know you're writing to an SSD, but USB2?? How does it keep up?

Page 6 of 9 (121 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last »

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller