Latest post Wed, Sep 9 2015 1:33 PM by Marianna. 48 replies.
Page 2 of 4 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 26 2014 7:38 PM In reply to

Re: Application Manager Keeps Crashing

Stephen Roseman:
    ok it monday and i said i'd get back on this and i'm still stuck on my end i'll talk to tech surport in the am, i was trying to format my c;\ drive and a simple little thing like a wierd keyboard

well it's Wednesday and just got off the phone with tech support and no good or bad news on this i've tryed the nvidea drivers and reinstalled windows, And avids people have tryed, but a little thing like a wired keyboard to do a fresh install of windows has me chaseing my tail. as many wired keyboards that i had in this house and i can't find 1 of them, office depot is around the corner from my home, some of you would say, dude go buy a new one ! but no that would be to easy, (and they charge too much ) I know i have one in this house, And dammit I'm going to find it ! If I haven't found it by Friday would someone slap me like dude does on NCIS because i might catch it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, My Tail  (he he)

(video)Gigabyte Ga-Z87X-UD5H 4TH GENERATION I7 4770K INTEL 4600 ON BOARD GRAPHICS NVIDEIA Asus GeForce GTX 780ti (GPU 3gb ddr5 Memory)On board sound blaster... [view my complete system specs]

"When Everybody goes Right I Go Left" I Move "Just" a little Different

• Sat, Nov 29 2014 2:47 AM In reply to

well still here on thanx giving and black friday, and my Detroit Lions win on thankgiveing day, (4 a change) I feel for the folks over seas, they work while i was stuffing my face, (i got up at 8:00 am to make phone call not spend time in a store) but still no fix. For those rolling forward or back with the app mgr, I watch that and still no fix. I can't use mc in trial mode or regular mode, Anybody got a ideas, think i have to wait till monday! Nothering works my subcripetion page download does't work with proper codes. nothing ! Am going to go back to watching the 90's decade, No that was remembering, were i was when x happend, and the dude puting himself in a box while lions were feeding, dumb a$$. looking at how they edited it,

out

(video)Gigabyte Ga-Z87X-UD5H 4TH GENERATION I7 4770K INTEL 4600 ON BOARD GRAPHICS NVIDEIA Asus GeForce GTX 780ti (GPU 3gb ddr5 Memory)On board sound blaster... [view my complete system specs]

• Sat, Nov 29 2014 4:07 AM In reply to

• Greg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Dec 27 2005
    • Stutterheim, South Africa
    • Posts 29
    • Points 380

I have found that if you launch the app manager it crashes straight after it has synced. What I do then is close it (it has now synced and showing the update but not working)

After you have closed it, Go offline no internet connection

go back into app manager (Offline) (You might get error messages because of no internet) close it

Then Reconnect to internet, open app manager and it should work, sometimes I have to to the procedure a few time but it does work for me.

Greg

Intel i7 950 @ 3.06 GHz 6GB DDR3 Ram (3 x 2gig Sticks) Gforce X280 Graphics Creative X-Fi Sound Card LG BluRay writer Windows 7 Ultimate 64 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Dec 1 2014 2:41 AM In reply to

thanks for the effort, but nope! like I said i sat and watched tech support try everything, I even gave a blank page that consisted of windows only. nothing he did worked and he did a lot, i'm sure my email, phone will be off the hook on monday so i need a fix asap I don't think i'm the only 1 with this problem.

• Mon, Dec 1 2014 4:11 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,376
    • Points 220,410
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Stephen

stand by.... I am compilling a few threads that show this issue and making sure CET knows about it.

I will have a seasoned support rep contact you.

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Dec 8 2014 11:15 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,588
    • Points 65,550

From occasional I started having the error 5 every single time I logged into my system. Deleted the files as per directions over here http://community.avid.com/forums/t/130912.aspx fixed the issue, but the Dolby AC3 activation is gone, while a dropdown menu over the MC section asks me to choose an action between update or convert, I'm on an updated dongle and do not want to convert, what am I supposed to do? This appman thing is rather confused and confusing.

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Mon, Dec 8 2014 5:49 PM In reply to

• ck123
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 17 2013
    • PA
    • Posts 145
    • Points 1,820

Marianna,

For those of us that went the route of uninstalling this program so we could get back to the work of editing, is there a way to find out about updates to Application Manager? When a less buggy version has been released?

Charles

HP zBook 17 G3, z220, HP z240, HP z420, HP z440, HP z840, HP Z4 G4, Dell Precision 3430, Dell Precision 7810, Apple iMac i5 27-Inch (5K, Late 2015). 16GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Dec 10 2014 11:38 PM In reply to

ck123:
    For those of us that went the route of uninstalling this program so we could get back to the work of editing, is there a way to find out about updates to Application Manager

ok i've been juggling life and Media Composer, I've been on phone remoteing for a week or so, the question was can i just get by without the app mgr, and edit, the answer is yes. That being said it has something to do with program data folder deliteing two files licenses and the SWL folders and the task mgr file. I'm not giveing anyone the keys to the kingdom, because this may not work for you, And this is not a fix, you should make that call to avid and have them do this. Everyones putor is different ! That's my story and i'm sticking to it. For obvious reasons i won't tell how my putor was repaired, Although it be tempory while I can keep editing, this is a tempory fix, and the app mgr is being fixed by avid not by anything i put on this page (my disclamer) I suggest the next step is to call avid and let them do it and create your own case # . I hope this helped somebody out there i realy didn't mean to take this page hostage, sometimes it seem's to happen to me whenever I get into these's public forums, have any of you guy's seen the DIY channel add, of Vanilla Ice speaking on "when everybody goes Right I Go Left" Dam I did it again!

• Wed, Dec 10 2014 11:59 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,376
    • Points 220,410
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Stephen....

I just deleted your 4 duplicate posts in this thread.  

EVERYONE.....  

We have a new Appman coming in days and I need to know who on this thread with the crashing, would like to try the beta to see if it fixes it once and for all.

what I need is

a detailed description of the issue?

- OS

- AM version/build

- MC version/build

- Steps to repro

I am out 1/2 day tomorow and Friday - vegas for a wedding so I am going to ask keith to step in.

stand by

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Thu, Dec 11 2014 12:53 AM In reply to

Marianna:

Stephen....

I just deleted your 4 duplicate posts in this thread

yes as in the email the post button spazzed out.

thanx

• Thu, Dec 11 2014 1:06 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,588
    • Points 65,550

As for the details of the error code 5 there's not much to say, at least at my place there are no steps to reproduce: the app just crashes at login, on Win 7 Pro SP1 with all the latest updates except for Silverlight, which is not installed, AM 2.1.1.455, MC 8.2.035085; as stated deleting the files from C:\ProgramData\Avid\SWL and C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licenses\Pro_Editor fixed the issue; the random "Avid Application Manager has stopped working" error box is not popping out anymore here (perhaps after running Windows update?), don't know why but I'm happy like this, fingers crossed. Keith, if You need some testing I'm available.

Symphony 2018.12.3, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Dec 11 2014 2:12 PM In reply to

Hello everyone,

I'd like to ask anyone that is having difficulties with App Manager, please email me offlist. I might be able to help.

Keith.Gerrard@avid.com

Thanks!

~Keith

--- 

Keith Gerrard

CP Senior Video Beta Coordinator | P&S Creative Professionals 30 (Matthew Collins)

Avid

65 Network Drive

01803 Burlington

United States Of America

keith.gerrard@avid.com 

m +1 (530) 237-4331 

Help drive the future direction of the industry.  

Join the Avid Customer Association

Save the Date for Avid Connect 2015!

April 10-12, 2015 Las Vegas

- MacPro, 2.66 GHz, 14G RAM; OS 10.8.4; MC DX Nitris; ISIS 4.5 - MacBook Pro, 2.3 GHz i7, 8G RAM, ISIS 4.5 - z800 Xeon 2.93Ghz, 12G RAM, Win 7, DX Nitris... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Dec 13 2014 11:03 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,588
    • Points 65,550

Today's news! Please see the pict with the new error message.  I'm sick and tired with the new licensing stuff, the Avid's goal of killing the dongles is total madness, why making things unnecessarily difficult for the users? Why dropping a flexible and hassle free device for a software solution plagued by troubles? I foresee a different NLE in my future. :-((

peace luca

• Sat, Dec 13 2014 11:08 AM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Just click OK and continue Luca

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Sat, Dec 13 2014 11:15 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,588
    • Points 65,550

Of course I did that Tomas, but the message shouldn't be there in the first place, something rotten with the licensing engine obviously.

peace luca

Page 2 of 4 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller