Latest post Mon, Nov 24 2014 11:12 PM by jasperfdo. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Nov 6 2014 5:45 PM

• Blackburst1
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Orlando, Florida
    • Posts 39
    • Points 495

Has anyone else noticed that the Avid website is very poor (sucks)?

I just logged on to try and figure out all this new licensing stuff. http://www.avid.com looked broken... I thought I had my screen resolution or text-size whacked out, but no... I don't know how long this current form of the website has been up, but it looks like it came from 2002. What happened? It's clunky. I know, I should probably save my complaints for when Media Composer crashes and I have to re-do 10 minutes worth of work, but honestly... I'm on 6.5 and it hasn't crashed on me in weeks (knock on wood). Anyhow... rant over. It's just that the Avid image that the marketing team should be fighting is that it's an old and clunky editing software and when the website looks old and clunky... Did you guys fire the marketting staff and let the engineering team design this one? Ok, really rant over. Happy editing!

- Avid Media Composer 8.8.4 - Dell 7910 Workstation - Dual Xeon E5-2630 v3 8-core 2.4Ghz - 32GB ram - AMD FirePro W7100 - Blackmagic Design... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 7 2014 4:04 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,893
    • Points 214,140
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Has anyone else noticed that the Avid website is very poor (sucks)?

burst.....

Happy to send this along to the new web director but I need some spcifics other than 

Avid website is very poor (sucks)?

Got any specifics I can share with him?

email me off forum.

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Nov 19 2014 10:41 PM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 499
    • Points 6,375

Um yea the website seems to have went in the wrong direction. I thought it was just me. Not as polished or high end looking as before.

• Mon, Nov 24 2014 11:12 PM In reply to

• jasperfdo
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 11 2006
    • Santa Monica
    • Posts 671
    • Points 8,845

My recommendation: If you're going to talk about something being bad, be more specific.

We're creatives, so surely we can talk about specifics. It will help Avid more if you say something like, "all the imagery relating to Oscar related films on the Avid MC product page made it look more professional."

It's like telling a director "this cut sucks." That never works. Instead tell the director, "what if we did this..." And then you'll have progress.

MacBook Pro Retina / El Capitan / 16GB RAM / G-Studio Drive System / Media Composer 8.6.x [view my complete system specs]

kyler boudreau | www.theatereleven.com

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller