Latest post Sun, Jan 4 2015 3:00 AM by peterwhite. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Sep 22 2014 4:20 PM

• JessKiwi
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 9 2013
    • Posts 9
    • Points 145

XAVC Native Imports In Avid at 50 mbits.

Hey I am on Media Composer 7.0.4 on pc windows 8

I have a question regarding XAVC 50 MXF if it's soon going to be able as a native import on avid. Right now Intra 100 mxf and XAVC Intra 100 mxf is made available in a native import. With newer models of sony coming out PXW to be exact where the camera is still able to record at 50 mbits. Just wondering if XAVC 50 mbits native import will be there? 

Filed under:
  • Mon, Sep 22 2014 10:34 PM In reply to

• jwrl
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Melbourne, Australia
    • Posts 8,309
    • Points 96,070

Re: XAVC Native Imports In Avid at 50 mbits.

Check out this thread and this one.  But the cynic in me says that Sony have their own product that already supports this format, so they probably won't fall over themselves in the rush to support a competitive product

MC 7.0.4 - Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo - Intel i7 920 2.66GHz - Windows 7 Ult64 SP1 - nVidia Quadro FX 1800 - 16 Gbyte low latency DDR3 RAM - Internal 8 Tb... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Nov 1 2014 2:20 PM In reply to

• teo3vs
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Dec 27 2013
    • Italy
    • Posts 58
    • Points 690

Jwrl, yes SONY have their own products for editing, but they are not so popular... And if you think that the majority of SONY clients that are in broadcast industry have done also large investments in AVID systems, it's easy to understand that until AVID doesn't native support XAVC, SONY would not be able to sell XAVC cameras to broadcastrs, on the other hand many SONY users that have bought new cameras could switch to premiere or edius or other NLEs if AVID doesn't provide soon XAVC native support.

I think that could be good for both AVID and SONY to get their products working efficiently toghether.

And... We are talking about XAVC 50 long GOP, and I suppose also 25 and 35 (the formats supported by the new sony PXW professional camcorders), that are formats made for broadcast, where fast workflows—and saying this I mean native support—really matters. Here we are not talking about XAVC-S that's something that, I think, could be used easily with a SONY's AMA plugin update.

• Wed, Dec 31 2014 2:10 AM In reply to

I used one app called mxf converter from pav. then I load my videos from Sony PXW X70 and transcode them into compatible format then load into premiere. Then thing is , I used Sony xavc plug-in before and it didn't work.

• Wed, Dec 31 2014 4:34 AM In reply to

Careful with converters - some have been prominently featured in articles like these:

Macworld: Speaking With Spammers

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 8.9.2 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jan 4 2015 3:00 AM In reply to

thx for your reminding and frist I do concern about the spam and some bundle virus or toher unnessary apps. But until now I didn't recevie any spam mails......

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller