Latest post Sat, Sep 13 2014 11:02 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 11 2014 5:15 PM

• BoomRob
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 9 2011
    • Posts 5
    • Points 75

Unwanted r3d files showing up in media tools search

Hey thanks for any helpl in advance. I have been and AVID user since version 2.5 and have not run into this before. I am thinking it is an AMA R3D issue but, not sure and can't seem to correct the problem. When running the media tool to consolidate clips to a travel drive, I pick the drive, select current project only but, when the clips appear in the window (no matter what project I try to consolidate) the same R3D and a few 220 MXF clips populate the top of the list. Didn't count but, somewhere around 80 files or so. Any ideas? I can delete them from there but, I believe that will delete the actual meda and I don't want to do that as the files are a part of other projects. They are files from the same drive as the project. (after thought)

Anyway, it's a pain in the *ss 

Thanks,

Rob

• Sat, Sep 13 2014 11:02 AM In reply to

Re: Unwanted r3d files showing up in media tools search

Avid have been working to make AMA linked files "managed" so show up in the media tool. Also any files that have been directly copied into media drives (ie Resolve outputs) will show up as clips in media tool with no Project association so show in all searches.

The managed media AMA can be sorted by deleting the AMA mnagement media databases.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller