Latest post Thu, Sep 4 2014 10:41 PM by Eric Hill. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 2 2014 10:02 PM

• Butcher
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 17 2006
    • Jacksonville, FL
    • Posts 1,442
    • Points 18,630

Option to migrate markers from source clips to group clips

CURRENT BEHAVIOR:

Markers (locators) applied to source clips are not migrated to group clips. You can load a group clip and match frame to the original source and see your markers there, but they do not carry into the group.  I imagine this is because markers applied to a group clip float to all media in the group and are not locked to one media source.

REQUESTED BEHAVIOR:

I would like to have the option to migrate markers (locators) to group clips when making a group.  I also propose that there be a new type of marker called a "Group marker" that floats to all sources in a group clip.  This would allow you to retain your original source markers in a group (for example, CamA markers only show up on CamA clip in the group), while still being able to apply a group clip marker that floats to all clips in the group (group marker A shows up on CamA, CamB, CamC, etc...).

Michael

• Wed, Sep 3 2014 6:43 AM In reply to

Re: Option to migrate markers from source clips to group clips

Sounds like a good idea.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Thu, Sep 4 2014 10:41 PM In reply to

• Eric Hill
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Feb 4 2011
    • Portland, OR
    • Posts 141
    • Points 1,600

Re: Option to migrate markers from source clips to group clips

+1.  The same thing happens when Autosyncing - any locators that existed in the orignal master clip are removed in the sync'd subclip.

MC 8.4.0, OS X 10.9.5, mid-2010 MacPro, 2x2.66 GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680, AJA IO Express, Editshare (build 6.4.0.6-0) [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller