Latest post Wed, Jul 9 2014 6:46 AM by S.Clements. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jul 9 2014 6:37 AM

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,765

Media Composer 8 doesn't recognise my Avid Fast Track Duo Hardware

Hi,

I recently upgraded to Media Composer 8 and the system will no longer let me switch to monitoring my Avid Fast Track Duo....so, I can't output to my speakers.  I made sure my system was seeing the hardware and I can play fine from the mac itself.  It's just when I go to the "Audio Project" Hardware tab, I can't change anything.  Has anyone else experienced this?  I reset deleted Avid's settings, but that didn't work.  Any ideas of what could be going on?

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Jul 9 2014 6:46 AM In reply to

• S.Clements
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 3 2011
    • London, United Kingdom
    • Posts 812
    • Points 10,765

Re: Media Composer 8 doesn't recognise my Avid Fast Track Duo Hardware

Ok....this is weird...  Since Avid couldn't recognise my Avid Fast Track Duo sound card and I'm working on my macbook pro, I decided I had to turn on my Boom audio boosting software to properly hear the footage.  So, I turned up the volume on Boom and all of a sudden, the sound started playing on the speakers!  I then when to the Audio Project Hardware tab and saw that I still couldn't make any changes to the setup - no Avid Fast Track Duo listed.  I then turned off Boom and the sound was still coming out of the speakers.  Something weird is going on.  Could this potentially be some sort of Media Composer 8 bug?

Avid Media Composer 8.3.1 Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram Mac, OS 10.10.2 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller