Latest post Mon, Jun 23 2014 11:45 PM by Sylvain P. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jun 19 2014 3:37 PM

• Andyman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 116
    • Points 1,640

Strange AvidFX freeze problem

This is weird. I've done this effect hundreds of times before and never had a problem

I have downloaded a "falling diamonds" animation movie file (H.264) from Video Blocks. It plays fine in Quick Time player. I have applied the AvidFX onto a video clip and within AvidFX I import the diamond clip as a lower thirds style effect over the main video. It previews fine in AvidFX. When I leave AvidFX to the main MC editor, I can scroll over the clip (in lo res) and see that the diamond animation is moving. I render it and it is a still frame. The main video plays fine but the diamond animation is frozen. I've tried this with other movie files imported into AvidFX and they all play fine.

One thing I've notice is that this particular movie files is 30fps. Others that work are 29.97fps. So I converted it in Sorensen to 29.97fps and still get the same problem. My project is 1080i/59.94.

I tried importing the diamond movie file directly into Avid and it comes in just fine. When I re-export it as a QT 29.97 file, it still causes the same problem. When I export it as an AVI it works but the video quality is really bad.

Any ideas? I would really like to use this clip.

MC 5.5.3, Nitris DX, HP Z400, Win 7 Pro

• Thu, Jun 19 2014 5:56 PM In reply to

• Sylvain P
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 1,488
    • Points 17,595

Re: Strange AvidFX freeze problem

Try to put your imported diamond movie on your Media Composer's timeline on V2 or above, then put the Avid FX Filter directly on it.

Use this clip for your lower third instead of importing it in Avid FX.

Media Composer 2018.12.2 (Symphony Option), ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel i7 2600k, 16G DDR3-1600, PNY NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (353.82), Windows 10 Pro. Boris Red... [view my complete system specs]

Sylvain Primeau

Self-employed worker - Les productions Primeau Medias

primeaumedias.com

Radio-Canada/CBC news editor

cbc.ca / ici.radio-canada.ca

• Fri, Jun 20 2014 11:45 AM In reply to

• Andyman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 116
    • Points 1,640

I considered that but I needed all the effects to be on one track for the transitions. My work around ended up with me importing the diamond movie file directly into Avid and then exporting it as a QT reference file. I used Sorensen to convert it to a 29.97 frame rate and it worked in AvidFX just fine. For some reason importing the clip into Sorensen directly and converting it to 29.97fps didn't do the trick.

In the end, I just think there was something funky going on with this particular clip.

Thanks for you input.

MC 5.5.3, Nitris DX, HP Z400, Win 7 Pro

• Mon, Jun 23 2014 11:45 PM In reply to

• Sylvain P
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 1,488
    • Points 17,595

Good to know that you found a workaround, even if you it has many steps!

Media Composer 2018.12.2 (Symphony Option), ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel i7 2600k, 16G DDR3-1600, PNY NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (353.82), Windows 10 Pro. Boris Red... [view my complete system specs]

Sylvain Primeau

Self-employed worker - Les productions Primeau Medias

primeaumedias.com

Radio-Canada/CBC news editor

cbc.ca / ici.radio-canada.ca

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller