Latest post Fri, May 23 2014 11:37 PM by AndrewAction. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, May 23 2014 8:47 PM

"One or more media file format settings has been changed from OMF to MXF"

Hi, folks,

Received this error:

"One or more media file format settings has been changed from OMF to MXF"

when opening a test project on one of our Media Composers today. This struck me as odd for several reasons. The project I opened had been opened many times on almost every Media Composer in our department and I had never seen this error. Our ISIS/Interplay system is new enough that we never would have use OMF media.

I was opening this project from ISIS storage on a Media Composer that was re-imaged about two weeks ago. At that time, we took ten workstations and replaced the system drives with a fresh drive image including Media Composer 7.0.3. All Site Settings were standardized across all workstations. I suppose the regular user of the machine I was logging in on could have made a user setting change that would cause this message to appear, but I am unsure what that would be.

Derek Miner

ION Media Networks

Media Composer 7.0.4 (on HP Z800 and Z820 workstations), Interplay 3.0.7 with ISIS (Storage Manager 4.6.1), AirSpeed MultiStream 5000 2.7.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 23 2014 9:08 PM In reply to

Re: "One or more media file format settings has been changed from OMF to MXF"

Hi.

Did you check MEDIA CREATION SETTINGS/ MEDIA TYPE?

CV

AVID MEDIA COMPOSER 5.5.3. PC. WINDOWS 7, SP1. 64BIT OPERATING SYSTEM. QUICK TIME VERSION 7.6.9. [view my complete system specs]

AVID USERS ECUADOR                                  

christianjhonsoon@hotmail.com

• Fri, May 23 2014 9:18 PM In reply to

All of the re-imaged Media Composer systems were given Media Creation site settings with MXF chosen. I will verify the user hasn't changed this, however I under the impression I would have seen a notice of the reverse - that format was changed from MXF to OMF - if someone had changed this.

Media Composer 7.0.4 (on HP Z800 and Z820 workstations), Interplay 3.0.7 with ISIS (Storage Manager 4.6.1), AirSpeed MultiStream 5000 2.7.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 23 2014 11:37 PM In reply to

Sometimes audio project settings defaults to WAVE omf

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller