Latest post Mon, Jun 16 2014 4:09 PM by Minerwerks. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 6 2014 3:52 PM

MC 7.0.3 - Maintaining user profile between projects

Greetings,

Our company just had Avid on site to upgrade our Interplay/ISIS core and re-image our edit stations to Media Composer 7.0.3 (Interplay Edition).

One of the issues that is frustrating the editors so far is that systems with more than one user profile are resetting back to the first profile in the list every time they resturn to the project selection screen. The editors are expecting that the system remember which user profile was selected instead of forcing them to reselect it from the menu every time they open a new project.

In the Media Composer 6 versions we had been using, this was evidently not an issue or it was set up in a way that avoided this issue. 

Does anyone know if this is different behavior from previous versions or if it can be modified with a setting of some kind?

Thanks,

Derek Miner

Manager, On-Air Services Support

ION Media Networks

Media Composer 7.0.4 (on HP Z800 and Z820 workstations), Interplay 3.0.7 with ISIS (Storage Manager 4.6.1), AirSpeed MultiStream 5000 2.7.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 12 2014 4:57 PM In reply to

Re: MC 7.0.3 - Maintaining user profile between projects

No replies or responses leads me to believe this is something incredibly simple that I should have discovered how to fix or is not an issue for anyone else.

Almost every single editor in our facility has complained that the User Profile list resets back to the original user any time they are in the Project selection dialog. The users can switch profiles in the project window once the project is open, however this has produced some inconsistent results with setting changes.

Derek

Media Composer 7.0.4 (on HP Z800 and Z820 workstations), Interplay 3.0.7 with ISIS (Storage Manager 4.6.1), AirSpeed MultiStream 5000 2.7.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Jun 16 2014 3:35 PM In reply to

Well, you're not alone.  It appears that this behavior is hard-coded.  I've been researching it, and it looks like the default profile it's selecting is based on the OS user.  I found some mention of the behavior in the Media Composer 7 Editing Guide:

The unfortunate solution seems to be going along with the way the application wants to do things, and creating an OS user for each editor with a unique profile.

• Mon, Jun 16 2014 4:09 PM In reply to

Thanks for the reply, Steve!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller