Latest post Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:36 AM by Biggreen73. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:36 AM

• Biggreen73
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 8 2013
    • Posts 7
    • Points 65

MC 6.5.4.1 transcoding P2 AVC-Intra MXF Files

Running Media Composer 6.5.4.1 on Windows 7 with ISIS Client 4.6.

Got a hard drive from our production team who shot P2 AVC-Intra MXF files that need to be transcoded to DNxHD145 into our ISIS storage.

With the way P2 puts the video and audio into seperate folders and how multiple clips on the P2 make up 1 master clip we have not been able to get the footage into our system.

If you AMA link to one of the video files it only brings in that single video file, instead of the rest of the clips that would make up the entire master clip, and it doesn't link the audio file.

You can link to AMA volume which then seems the clips and audio together, so the 16 video clips in a folder now show as 4 master clips in the bin. However you get relink mob errors when trying to play most of the clips or transcode them.

Everything I'm reading online is everyone uses a thrid party software, such as Calibrated MXF Import Assist, to rewrap the files as AVC-Intra Quicktime MOVs. Don't really want to start bringing third party untested software into our production, we currently are having production reach out to their freelance cameraman to see if he can transcode them.

But in the meantime, does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't have the error message in front of me when the AMA Volume Linked files don't play, but can get that in the morning if it helps.

Filed under: , , ,
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller