Latest post Mon, Feb 12 2018 11:42 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 9 2014 4:58 PM

Can't uninstall

Hello, I'm in need to update my Media Composer to 6 to 6.0.5. From my reserch its best to deactivate then uninstall my current version. Problem being I can't get my current version to uninstall, any ideas? I'm working on a MAC. I go to the handy dandy uninstall folder and click the unistall and then get a message saying "The media composer applications.pkg will not be uninstalled...(null). I'm new to the world of MAC, been a PC girl all my life. So learning a new program on a different kind of computer has been a bit challenging when hitting road blocks. Don't know if this matters but I have gone into everything to make sure that I have "permission" to read and write. I'm under administrator. Any ideas would be appericated in laymen's terms, please!! 

• Fri, Apr 11 2014 4:13 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,810
    • Points 213,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Can't uninstall

Spiffy

send me an email and include in the mail message your systemID and activation ID.  Also what OS are you on?

I can assist 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, Feb 12 2018 10:52 PM In reply to

• salmon
    • Not Ranked
    • Oregon
    • Posts 9
    • Points 95

Years later, I'm having the same problem: uninstaling MC 6.5.4 from my Mac OS 10.9.5 operating system, as I believe I need to upgrade to MC 6.5.4.4.

Using the most recent Avid uninstaller I have, I get the error: The Avid Media ComposerApplications.pkg package will not be uninstalled.

I'd appreciate your help.

Joe

MacBook Pro 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3. Mac OS 10.9.5 Media Composer 6.5.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Feb 12 2018 11:42 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,810
    • Points 213,010
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

You will need to do it manualy if the uninstaller isnt functioning.

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/how_to/How-to-Manual-Uninstall-Avid-Editor-Applications-MAC

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller