Latest post Fri, Feb 28 2014 8:36 AM by DylanReeve. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 27 2014 3:25 PM

• endavid
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Aug 3 2012
    • Posts 12
    • Points 140

a tool to index Avid mediafile folder ?

Hi,

Is there anyone knows if a standalone tool to index an Avid mediafile folder exists ?

I mean I don't want to use interplay media indexer or Media composer to index my MXF file. I want to put MXF file in the folder and use a software to create the pmr and mdb file directly without MC.

For exemple, when I transcode Canon 5D mov file to MXF Op atom using metafuze, I would like to be abble to directly use it in MC without need to wait for the scan in MC. My workflow would be ingest with metafuze, index with a magic software if it exists, and edit with media composer.

thank you for your reply.

Fred

• Fri, Feb 28 2014 8:36 AM In reply to

• DylanReeve
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Auckland, New Zealand
    • Posts 1,677
    • Points 20,445
    • Moderator: MCA Mac
      Moderator: MCA PC

Re: a tool to index Avid mediafile folder ?

I'm not aware of such at tool but I've suggested a few times that such a tool would be really useful.

Obviously Avid could make one, although there seem to be a few other companies out there who have figured out the media database formats well enough that perhaps they could too?

HP Workstations with MC 8.4 64TB EditShare XStream Storage [view my complete system specs]

Dylan Reeve - Edit Geek // Online/Offline Editor // Post Production Supervisor
    Auckland, New Zealand

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller