Latest post Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:31 PM by smyers63. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Feb 14 2014 1:56 AM

• Kissprod
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 28 2007
    • Southern California
    • Posts 39
    • Points 475

AVID DVD by Sonic

I had to re-install this product but now I cannot activate it! Seems there is no more website where you can go for that :( Am I just "S.O.L." with this product or can anyone suggest a workaround or "crack".

MC 3.5.9; Mojo; HP xw8400; Windows XP Ver. 2002 SP3; nVidia Quadro FX 3500; Intel Xeon 5160@3.00 GHz; 3GB RAM; Realtek HD audio; Pyro PCI firewire card;... [view my complete system specs]

MK in SoCal

• Fri, Feb 14 2014 8:12 AM In reply to

Re: AVID DVD by Sonic

Avid DVD activation serial is provided with the Avid codes when you purchased the software and you can re access the codes from the avid website under your account.

There isn't a workaround, you have the required serial or you don't and you won't find anyone here offering any other solutions. 

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Filed under:
  • Tue, Feb 18 2014 6:10 PM In reply to

• Kissprod
    • Not Ranked
    • Southern California
    • Posts 39
    • Points 475

I think you are confusing the product serial number with an activation code that is generated after the product is installed. I have the valid product serial number. During the activation process I even get another number to input in order to generate an activation code, but there is no website where I can input that number.

Unfortunately, when I access my AVID.com account, there is no record of any of the products I own. I purchased these in January 2008 and do recall registering all of them. So judging from your "friendly" response, I guess unless I can somehow recover my previous activation code, I am "S.O.L."

MC 3.5.9; Mojo; HP xw8400; Windows XP Ver. 2002 SP3; nVidia Quadro FX 3500; Intel Xeon 5160@3.00 GHz; 3GB RAM; Realtek HD audio; Pyro PCI firewire card;... [view my complete system specs]

MK in SoCal

• Tue, Feb 18 2014 6:44 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,485
    • Moderator: MCA PC

One of Pat's points, I think, was that you will not find any "cracks" here.  It's not even good etiquette to mention them here and if I recall correctly, it's not allowed by the forum rules.  That may be why you found the reply [un]"friendly."

I usually keep copies of my serials and activations in case something like what you're speaking of happens.  I keep copies of emails with those codes and in some cases keep text files of them handy.  Sometimes it's possible to use the same code again for a later install.  If you didn't keep a copy and there's nowhere to get another one, you might be out of luck.  You should consider keeping copies of both the serials and activation codes for your software in case something similar happens again.

Perhaps Marianna Montague could assist you with this.  I'll ask her to take a look.

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

• Tue, Feb 18 2014 9:59 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,018
    • Points 215,695
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Kiss......

Call support as they assist with activation and installtion issues.

800-800-2843 Press Option 2

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Feb 19 2014 5:07 PM In reply to

• Kissprod
    • Not Ranked
    • Southern California
    • Posts 39
    • Points 475

Thanks Marianna for the suggestion to contact support. Chris was very helpful and patient, but I eventually resolved this issue on my own.

Evidently, if you own AVID DVD by Sonic version 6.0 you can download the 6.1.1 update which doesn’t require activation. Please refer to the Avid Knowledge Base document here  http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/Why-do-I-get-an-Invalid-Code-error-when-trying-to-activate-Avid-DVD-by-Sonic-v-6-1    I attempted several reinstallations where I uninstalled the program and even cleared the registry entries as suggested but to no avail. However, during a search of the C: drive, I discovered ONE folder of shared files which I had previously overlooked. I deleted that folder and AVID DVD by Sonic opened with no problems.

Thanks everyone for your help.

MK in SoCal

• Wed, Feb 19 2014 7:31 PM In reply to

• smyers63
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 16 2006
    • Dallas, Texas
    • Posts 3,770
    • Points 44,485
    • Moderator: MCA PC

I'm glad you were able to get it solved.  Thanks for coming back with your solution.  It will surely help others who run into the same situation.

Sys. 1: Sony VAIO VPCF13UFX/B, Intel Core i7-740QM (1.73GHz), 4GB RAM, Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit), Nvidia Geforce 310M, MC 8.7 Sys. 2: Acer Aspire... [view my complete system specs]

Scott

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller