Latest post Wed, Nov 27 2013 7:13 PM by joey k. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Nov 27 2013 3:59 PM

• Andyman
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 116
    • Points 1,640

Getting preview footage to clients

In the old days (last year) for certain projects we would burn a timecode dub from tape to a DVD burner to give to clients to pick out shots they wanted to use as opposed to coming in and using up our time. Well now we're full HD importing AVCHD video from SanDisk cards. I know one way I could do this now is to upgrade my MC (currently using MC5.5) and use AMA to create a sequence that I could output to the DVD burner with timecode. However, I'm not quite ready to upgrade yet and this still has real time suckiness to it.

Can anyone suggest to me a workflow that would allow me to create some kind of lower res preview file for the client that is faster? Is there a third party software that can deal with this?

MC 5.5.3, Nitris DX, HP Z400, Win 7 Pro

• Wed, Nov 27 2013 7:13 PM In reply to

• joey k
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 31 2013
    • Posts 37
    • Points 435

Re: Getting preview footage to clients

I use Premiere to make TC dubs (for interview transcription). unlike in avid, the TC effect doesn't need to be rendered before exporting. if you have the adobe suite it's easy to sent to encore for dvd or just make a lower res, lower size file to send them (or post on vimeo with a password)...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller