Latest post Tue, Nov 12 2013 3:01 PM by Vish Maharaj. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 12 2013 11:09 AM

H264 with Intel Quicksync now implemented in Sorenson Squeeze

Dear Friends

I have tried out the trial version of MC7 and am very impressed, especially the fact that I can now convert my QT files to H264 using Intel Quicksync in Sorenson Squeeze 8.5 or later. I transcoded an hour of my QT file from the timeline to H264 for Blu-Ray, and it took about 15 mins. 

I thank you

Vish

• Tue, Nov 12 2013 12:50 PM In reply to

Re: H264 with Intel Quicksync now implemented in Sorenson Squeeze

It's interesting that 

1) quick sync isn't available on the mac version

2) they've apparently gotten rid of it for Squeeze 9 (someone please correct if this is wrong, I got this info based on a review)

Home: 2012 rMBP 2.6ghz, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.10.5, MC 8.4.1 || Work: HP Z400, Win7 Professional, MC 6.5, ISIS/Interplay @danielfrome on twitter [view my complete system specs]

Avid GoPro

• Tue, Nov 12 2013 3:01 PM In reply to

Re: H264 with Intel Quicksync now implemented in Sorenson Squeeze

Dear Friend

I just did a quick google on 'Quicksync on a Mac' and found quite a few hits. As I am on a PC, I cannot say for sure whether it is implemented on the Mac Version of Sorenson Squeeze. However, I initially could not figure out how to use Quicksync in Sorrenson Squeeze 9 (Trial), so I emailed them and Catherene, their sales manager, was very helpful. Give them a call I sure you will come right.

Regards

Vish

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller