Latest post Fri, Dec 19 2014 4:11 AM by joey k. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 1 2013 2:03 PM

Workflow - Multicam edit 3 Cams synced w/Pluraleyes

Been trying to figure out the smoothest workflow. I have shots from 3 cameras, each camera stopped and started several times so there are multiple clips for each camera.

Here's what I came up with. Anyone got a better way? The biggest pain about this method is that each mixdown must be done separately so there is a lot of waiting aroiund for one mixdown to finsih before starting the next. Wish there was a way to automate that function.

1. Using AMA linked clips, create a timeline with all clips from all cameras and sync with Pluraleyes. I now have a sequence with 3 video tracks, all in sync. Using audio from Camera 1.

2. Mark in and out at beginning and end.

3. Select Camera one track and do a video mixdown. Do the same for camera 2 and 3.

4. Select the audio track and do an audio mixdown.

5. Autosync all mixdown clips and use to create a multicam timeline.

This seems most efficient but I'm wondering if anyone has a faster method.

Avid, can't we get a simple function where we can just use a timeline with multiple clips from multiple cameras in multicam mode? Instead of being limited to single clips.

MC 7.0.2 iMac 4Ghz Intel Core i7 OSX 10.10.3, 32GB 1600Mhz DDR3, AMD radeon R9 M295X 4096MB, Retina 5k 27" + Dell 24", Flanders Scientific LM... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 1 2013 2:45 PM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,253
    • Points 13,700

Re: Workflow - Multicam edit 3 Cams synced w/Pluraleyes

It depends on how many times the cameras were stopped altogether.

Mostly I use pluraleyes to create a synchronization channel by then the "match frame" (created automatically mark in) and "Find Bin" features original footage that I join the group. I'll do it at all recording pause. When cut, when one disappears from the camera multicamu, go to the next group.

A little awkward in the beginning, but the advantage is that splicing is linked to the original material for possible reconstruction.

V.

AVID MC8.3.1 - dongle, INTEL Core i7-950,Gigabyte-GA-EX58-UD5, Quadro 4000 - driver 340.84, RAM 24GB - 6 x DDR3, command8, MXO2mini - driver 7.7.2, W7... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 1 2013 6:29 PM In reply to

• Telegram!
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 28 2006
    • Posts 801
    • Points 9,440

rfmeredith:

Avid, can't we get a simple function where we can just use a timeline with multiple clips from multiple cameras in multicam mode? Instead of being limited to single clips.

Adding  another vote to this list can only help:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/23428.aspx?PageIndex=1

Win 7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows 7 Pro x64 Dell T3400 workstation E8400 3.0 Ghz 4GB Ram,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 1 2013 11:51 PM In reply to

Do you ever plan on reconforming using the camera masters as sources?

• Mon, Dec 15 2014 9:48 PM In reply to

• Roel Vossen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 8 2014
    • Maastricht - Netherlands
    • Posts 2
    • Points 30

Do you ever plan on reconforming using the camera masters as sources?

Mac Pro 3.5GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon E5, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3 ECC, Mac OS X 10.9.5, Pegasus Promise 12 TB, Avid Media Composer 8.2, Symphony option, Avid... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Dec 19 2014 4:11 AM In reply to

• joey k
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jul 31 2013
    • Posts 35
    • Points 415

I guess this isn't really helpful, but I'm using Premiere now for all multicam editing. don't need plural eyes — it syncs up everything from audio, right from a bin, without even putting the clips first on a timeline. also, it doesn't have a problem with multiple small disconnected clips on a track. the interface pretty much copied Avid.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller