Latest post Sun, Sep 1 2013 11:51 PM by Scott Freeman. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Sep 1 2013 2:03 PM

Workflow - Multicam edit 3 Cams synced w/Pluraleyes

Been trying to figure out the smoothest workflow. I have shots from 3 cameras, each camera stopped and started several times so there are multiple clips for each camera.

Here's what I came up with. Anyone got a better way? The biggest pain about this method is that each mixdown must be done separately so there is a lot of waiting aroiund for one mixdown to finsih before starting the next. Wish there was a way to automate that function.

1. Using AMA linked clips, create a timeline with all clips from all cameras and sync with Pluraleyes. I now have a sequence with 3 video tracks, all in sync. Using audio from Camera 1.

2. Mark in and out at beginning and end.

3. Select Camera one track and do a video mixdown. Do the same for camera 2 and 3.

4. Select the audio track and do an audio mixdown.

5. Autosync all mixdown clips and use to create a multicam timeline.

This seems most efficient but I'm wondering if anyone has a faster method.

Avid, can't we get a simple function where we can just use a timeline with multiple clips from multiple cameras in multicam mode? Instead of being limited to single clips.

MC 5.5 MX02 Dell T3500 Win 7 64-bit Quad Core Xeon 2.93Ghz 16GB RAM, QT 7.66 nVidia Quadro FX580 Driver 8.16.11.9175, 2x12TB GSpeed ES PRO RAID 5, 4 eSata... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 1 2013 2:45 PM In reply to

• Vilem
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 10 2010
    • Prague
    • Posts 1,139
    • Points 12,535

Re: Workflow - Multicam edit 3 Cams synced w/Pluraleyes

It depends on how many times the cameras were stopped altogether.

Mostly I use pluraleyes to create a synchronization channel by then the "match frame" (created automatically mark in) and "Find Bin" features original footage that I join the group. I'll do it at all recording pause. When cut, when one disappears from the camera multicamu, go to the next group.

A little awkward in the beginning, but the advantage is that splicing is linked to the original material for possible reconstruction.

V.

AVID MC7.0.3- dongle, INTEL Core i7-950,Gigabyte-GA-EX58-UD5, Quadro 4000 - driver 320.78, RAM 24GB - 6 x DDR3, command8, MXO2mini - driver 7.5.1.1966... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 1 2013 6:29 PM In reply to

• Telegram!
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 28 2006
    • nyc
    • Posts 633
    • Points 7,535

rfmeredith:

Avid, can't we get a simple function where we can just use a timeline with multiple clips from multiple cameras in multicam mode? Instead of being limited to single clips.

Adding  another vote to this list can only help:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/23428.aspx?PageIndex=1

Win 7 Pro; HP 8600 Xeon 5450@3.0Ghz, 3.25GB ram; quadro FX3700; Composer Nitris DX, Video Raid ST 5x1TB; v5.5.3. Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Also:___ Windows... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Sep 1 2013 11:51 PM In reply to

Do you ever plan on reconforming using the camera masters as sources?

resolve/avid symphony [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

Avid Technology, Inc. brands:
M-Audio  |   Sibelius  |   Pinnacle Systems  |  

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller