Latest post Wed, Aug 14 2013 6:48 PM by mBlaze. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 14 2013 6:23 PM

Separate settings for "Default Segment Tool" timeline setting and Pasting on the timeline.

Hello

It would be fantastic if pasting in the timeline had it's own setting and was independent of the "default segment tool" timeline setting.

Overwrite is my preferred default segment tool setting but unfortunately that causes pasting clips to overwrite on the timeline rather than splice in(which is preferable while pasting). I could open the clipboard monitor and splice the copied clip in that way but would much more effecient to ctrl v.

Seperate settings would really be appreciated here!

Thanks!

• Wed, Aug 14 2013 6:48 PM In reply to

Re: Separate settings for "Default Segment Tool" timeline setting and Pasting on the timeline.

+1 You can perform alt-ctrl-C or alt-ctrl-X : it will copy or cut your material like a classic ctrl-C ctrl-X but send it to your source monitor, no need to open the clipboard content (this is not the same that Alt X, Alt W or Alt C : you don't need to mark in and out and it works in segment mode) : then you can use juste V (or B).  I agree that 2 modifiers and one key is a lot, but you can map it on your keyboard (menu edit>copy and menu edit>cut) and add the alt modifierkey. Anyway, I agree your request. 

Avid Mediacomposer 6.5.0 Mac/PC with Nitris [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 14 2013 6:48 PM In reply to

• mBlaze
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Boston
    • Posts 427
    • Points 4,905

Re: Separate settings for "Default Segment Tool" timeline setting and Pasting on the timeline.

You could create a new WORKSPACE, mapped to a key on the keyboard and link the WORKSPACE to a timeline setting with SEGMENT OVERWRITE as the default. That way, whenever you choose that WORKSPACE, the default segment mode is overwrite and pasting should work as you'd like.

A tip about linking Workspaces to timeline settings (and more) can be found in the Avid Editing Tips and Tricks blog entry, the first in a series of Avid Tips and Tricks on the DV Fanatics Blog.
    Avid Media Composer 7.0.3 on MacBook Pro 2.5GHz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]

James Burke
    Video Producer / Editor / Designer
    blog.DVfanatics.com

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller