Latest post Wed, Aug 7 2013 5:42 PM by mivko. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 4 2013 4:56 PM

• mivko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 4 2013
    • Posts 10
    • Points 90

MC6 autosync trouble with multiple consecutive audio files

I have a long video clip. The corresponding Cantar audio is split into 3 consecutive files, because the mixer pressed a button during the recording, to set a mark. The separate audio files have a short overlap. I suppose the recorder rewrites this single recording into separate files split on these marks, right after the take, and makes this overlap as a safety. (Or maybe Majax does that?)

The problem is, I cannot autosync such takes by just selecting the whole bin. If I do, I get synced clips for only the overlapping parts, and not for all the rest.

Video           ------------------------------------
    Audio file 1 ---------------
    Audio file 2               --------------
    Audio file 3                           ---------------

What I get is 2 very short useless synced clips:

Sync clip 1                -
    Sync clip 2                            --

Is there a solution to this problem, other than manually selecting a single audio file to autosync with video, then find the next file, select, autosync, etc.?

Of course, I expect this problem on about 100 hours of material, not just a few files.

Filed under: , ,
  • Sun, Aug 4 2013 5:29 PM In reply to

Re: MC6 autosync trouble with multiple consecutive audio files

The overlaps will be difficult. Cantar overlaps are a standard option, it can be turned off. 

You could try to Autosequence, then subsqeuence, then Autosync the subsequences.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 7 2013 5:42 PM In reply to

• mivko
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 4 2013
    • Posts 10
    • Points 90

Re: MC6 autosync trouble with multiple consecutive audio files

Thank you. The sound mixer tells me the overlaps cannot be turned off. We agreed that he would refrain from pressing that evil button for the rest of the shoot...

I haven't tried the autosequence route yet.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller