Latest post Thu, Aug 1 2013 12:58 PM by sbhong. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 1 2013 11:59 AM

• sbhong
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 22 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

one system ID in two computers?

I upgraded MC from 5.5 to 6, 6.5, 7 in order.

And I've used MC 5.5 on my PC, and MC 7.0 on my Mac with the same system ID.

So I thought I could install MC 6.5 on my PC with no doubt.

But 101 activation failed appeared.

When I deactivate MC7.0 on Mac, I can activate MC 6.5 on PC.

Is this normal?

If it is, hmmm...feel a little bit unfair. 

• Thu, Aug 1 2013 12:18 PM In reply to

Re: one system ID in two computers?

Completely normal.  You've purchased a license to run the software on one computer at a time.  If you deactivate on one, you can activate on the other.  That's exactly how it's supposed to work.

(SYSTEM 1) iMac Late 2012 27" (13,2), Mac OS X 10.12.6, Avid Media Composer 2018.10 w/Symphony, Intel Core i7 3.4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 1 2013 12:58 PM In reply to

• sbhong
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Nov 22 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Re: one system ID in two computers?

usatraveler:

Completely normal.  You've purchased a license to run the software on one computer at a time.  If you deactivate on one, you can activate on the other.  That's exactly how it's supposed to work.

thanks for reply.

OK. 'one copy per one computer' license makes sense. I thought like that, when I purchased MC first time.

But it is weird I've used both MC 6.0 and MC 5.5 with one same system ID on different computers for about a year.

Even when I formatted my PC and reinstalled MC 5.5, It worked.

although I can accept the license policy, still feel kind of sense of lose. [:'(]

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller