Latest post Mon, Jul 8 2013 4:17 AM by saagar4. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 7 2013 7:49 PM

• saagar4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 24 2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Exception:SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-5000

I recently upgraded to MC 7 & I am getting this error:

Exception:SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-5000 whenever I try to import video footages into Media Composer .

I have tried restarting, checked disk permissions but I keep getting this error. Cannot procedd any further.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Filed under:
  • Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:30 AM In reply to

Re: Exception:SYS_ERROR, OSErr:-5000

Are you trying to import to your system hard drive?

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:30 AM In reply to

What disk are you trying to import to?

What are the premissions of that drive?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 3:40 AM In reply to

See page 9 of the ReadMe for MC7: http://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/README_Avid_editor_v7_0_v11_0.pdf

Macintosh OS Permission Information

As of Macintosh OS 10.7 Lion, the default permissions for the root level of the system drive are now set to “Read Only” for all users. This prevents the Avid Editing Application from being able to use this drive as a media drive. You will see the drive grayed out in Media Creation settings or as an option for import, mixdown, render, and consolidate/transcode. 

MacPro dual 2.66GHz 6GB RAM nVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT Storage: 2TB G-Speed eS with controller card 3x1TB Hitachi SATA-II internals, various external FW/USB... [view my complete system specs]

Kenton VanNatten | Avid Editor (for hire)

"I am not obsessed... I'm detail-oriented"

• Mon, Jul 8 2013 4:17 AM In reply to

• saagar4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 24 2010
    • Posts 4
    • Points 60

Thanks Kevin & Kenton for inputs!!

Yes, it was an issue with the permission on the system drive which is now resolved.

Cheers!!!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller