Latest post Fri, May 17 2013 12:50 PM by nielgo. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 16 2013 8:02 AM

• nielgo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, May 16 2013
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Exception : Fatal Open I/O Error

Hi everyone,

I'm using Media Composer (6.5.2.1) with the AJA Kona 3G card (10.4.4) via thunderbolt using the ExpressBox3T by Magma. My computer is a MacBookPro 9,1 with OSX Lion (10.7.5)
    During playback I randomly have this popup : "fatal open I/O error". The playback stops and It's really annoying.

I contacted the Magma and Aja supports. Then, I tried to put the card into a MacPro and I had the same issue, then I changed the AJA card for a new one and I still have this popup.

I tried to transcode all the media in MXF and I had the same issue. My session is composed of 1 video track and 6 audio tracks.

Do you have any idea about this problem?

• Thu, May 16 2013 6:04 PM In reply to

• Az Kola
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 16 2011
    • London, UK
    • Posts 275
    • Points 3,260

Re: Exception : Fatal Open I/O Error

On your sequence at the bottom there is a playback icon which should be set to half green and half yellow. That cam be changed by just clicking on the icon. If this is not working let us know the AJA driver version.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/azemkola [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 16 2013 6:09 PM In reply to

• mjolnarn
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Feb 8 2006
    • Sweden
    • Posts 13,346
    • Points 159,335

Az Kola:
    On your sequence at the bottom there is a playback icon which should be set to half green and half yellow.

No problems using my Matrox unit in green / green mode, if Aja doesn´t support this I would be surprised

Mac: 17" Macbook Pro i7 2,66 ghz with 8Gb Ram, 500gb 7200rpm drive___ PC_NEW Win10 Pro Mbo Asus Rampage IV Black CPU Ivy Bridge-E 4960X ( = 12 x 4... [view my complete system specs]

Tomas 

• Thu, May 16 2013 10:53 PM In reply to

• nielgo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

Thank you for your answer.

I know this icon, I haven't tried to set the quality in draft mode because I need to playback the video in full quality.

I can try anyway to run it in draft mode and let you know if I get the same issue.

(the aja driver is 10.4.4)

• Fri, May 17 2013 12:50 PM In reply to

• nielgo
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 25

I tried to run in draft mode and I got the same issue : Popup with Fatal Error.

Confused

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller