Latest post Tue, May 14 2013 11:48 AM by Patrick. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 11 2013 6:01 PM

• Alec Cullen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 8 2007
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 940

Export to YouTube etc

Does anyone think it would be a nice time saver if Avid gave us the option of exporting directly to You Tube?

imac 3.4ghz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, May 13 2013 9:00 PM In reply to

• Patrick
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 26 2010
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,955

Re: Export to YouTube etc

It might eventually become a part of the upcoming "Dynamic Media Folders" business I reckon.  Right now you may want to set up a squeeze watch folder with your desired presets and the "Publish to Youtube" option.  You can then export a QT ref to that folder and let squeeze transcode and upload in the background.  Note that I can't do this myself at the moment since my poor old 2008 machine kernel panics whenever I push it that hard! Smile

Mac Pro 8 core, ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, Media Composer 7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 13 2013 11:58 PM In reply to

• Alec Cullen
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 8 2007
    • Sydney, Australia
    • Posts 65
    • Points 940

Thanks for your reply Patrick. Just one thing what's a "squeeze watch folder"?. It sounds like it might be useful, but I have no idea how to make one.

Cheers, Alec.

imac 3.4ghz Intel Core i7 [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 14 2013 11:48 AM In reply to

• Patrick
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 26 2010
    • Austin, TX
    • Posts 143
    • Points 1,955

Hi Alec-

My suggestion was based on the assumption that you had a version of Sorenson Squeeze at your disposal. It's been bundled with the past few versions of Media Composer, but if you don't have it then you may want to investigate Adobe Media Encoder:

http://www.adobe.com/products/mediaencoder.html

Now that all Creative Suite apps are subscription based it might be worthwhile to try it ou and see if you can integrate it into your workflow. A cursory glance suggests that you can't just get it as a single app, but as part of a Premiere Pro subscription, but it looks like that's only USD$20 per month, so not bad. I think a new licence for Squeeze runs many hundreds of dollars....

-p

Mac Pro 8 core, ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT, Media Composer 7 [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller